Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor Info

I am going to get a new trolling motor. I need Your opinions on what works best for you CDC fishermen? I have an old Minnekota 1985- 48lb thrust still works fine, but want to go with a 24volt and more thrust.
    All of you guys fish more than I do And have more time on the trolling motor.
    What I am looking for is a motor that lets me be on the water longer with less discharge. You guys know more about what works than the ADS for these things.
    These things are expensive, want to purchase the right one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have fished with both

the motor guide and the minn kota, and I would settle on the minn kota, somewhere in the 70# range in a 12-24 will give you all the power you will ever need and the minn kota should be a little less than the motor guide, just my 2 cents worth.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had both and am running the MotorGuide 82# right now. Not sure if I had to buy one that it would be my choice though. When you are ready to buy let me know. I can get you a great deal if you decide to go with the Minn Kota. Been running into your brother latley. He has moved to days in my building now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jj 15

I will probably go with a Minnekota, this old one that I have has never missed a lick in the 25yrs that I have had it.
    I'll be talking to ya.
    Mike's quite a charactar, he can't wait the few months to retire.

Post Thanks / Like

We will miss him when he goes. The fish on Stockton better look out then. I will get you some prices on a few different sizes. Then you can shop around for a better price somewhere else. I will shoot you a PM this weekend or first part of next week with some prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you JJ15

You can call me if you like.--417-275-4625.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had both, depends on if you like a button on the right or left of your foot control!! I recommend a 24 volt so you have two batteries being used at same time, never understood people using one on 12volts until the battery goes dead then switching it over to 24 volt, then you still only have 12 volts because one battery is dead!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had both also. Had trouble with switchs going out in my Minn Kota 12 volt. The one I have on my new boat is a Motor Guide 24 volt 82 lb thrust with variable speed and has the transducer built in the bottom of it. I would highly recommend the varible speed. The problem I and every one else I know that has had one is the two pully's that the cables ride on in the foot pedal are plastic. The replacements are stainless steel. No problems since changing them out. So other than that I love this one and have had no problems. I will shoot you a PM or give you a call when I get some prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 24 volt

Hey Dirt if you have a 24v are they supposed to be series?
    Instead of two seperate battery's.

Post Thanks / Like

RLS take a look at this post it will be very helpful with battery wiring.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/fishi...s-charger.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast