Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Condo Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condo Question

Guys and gals I fish Truman and Mark Twain Lakes mainly, both have more trees and brush and at all depth's I might add, than you could fish in 10 life-times. I have Truman pretty well figured out as to were to fish at any given time of the year. My question is, other than having some hopefully secret spots to fish. Do you think attractors on bare main or secondary points would pay off. I'm sure the crappie would eventually get on them, just seems like they would have to swim through a mile of trees to get to the condo. Also I don't usually catch to many off said points, they're generally the place to go for some (reel screamin) Hybrids and White Bass. What do you think.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Pretty Lazy And If You Have The Lake Figured Out, I Don't
    Know That Adding Attactors Would Be To Your Advantage.
    I Have Been Over Bridges At Truman And There Were Trees As
    Far As I Could See. If You Want Secret Spots, Attractors
    Would Be Great.
    Best Regards
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Truman also and wondered the same thing. Is it worth the time when there is so much natural cover? I’ve also thought about trying to put out some near known, high pressure trees in hopes of drawing the fish off of them to the attractors due to less fishing pressure. Do you all think that it could work or would time be better spent fishing what is there already?

I know that we have tied up to a tree and didn’t catch anything from it, but off the other side of the boat we pulled fish after fish out of what seems to be no cover, as we left the tree we would go over the area with the depth finder and sure enough there was a tree, brush pile or something well below the surface. The times this as happened was days with fairly high fishing pressure. Could it be the fishing pressure, or is it just that, for some reason, they liked the unseen cover better? I know there are a lot of variables that I can’t control but just wondering.
    Last edited by stray; 11-04-2005 at 07:17 AM.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

one thing to consider is that if other fisherman can see the tree, they are goiing
    to tie up to it, because they know there are fish there, or because they just
    want to tie up somewhere. when my lake had trees other guys would beat me
    to the best ones and i was out of luck. if you sink your own, you can almost always
    fish them yourself and they get no pressure from other fisherman if you use
    pvc. you can buy attractors or make them
    yourself. i fished truman a couple of years and
    always caught fish off of a certain tree, so did anyone else. the third year it was gone
    either rotted away or whatever. truman is a little far for me and i fish stockton now.
    wish i had a place on truman.
    best regards
    chef

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you guys. I fish Truman probably 85% Mark TWAIN 15%. Have several spots that have allways treated me well and without a depth finder and my map I would never find them. Tree tops are rotted off 8 ft. down. I make it a point on every trip to try find more spots like this. It's kind of hard to fish in the wind because there's nothing to tie are anchor to. Like chef said and I agree, most people don't bother if they can't tie up to something.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

fish may be like people . there is plenty homes around but they like a new one some times. especialey when they start decaying.
    Last edited by papasage; 11-04-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish