Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Condo? Can I make one ticket free?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Condo? Can I make one ticket free?

I am seeing lots of posts on making your own brush piles. So my question is can I go to lets say Smithville and make my own fish attractors? I know folks do it but what about the Regs for doing it? Will the MSWP and the MDC be ok with it if they find you in mid "Condo Construction"? I dont want to get a ticket for makin a fishin hole:rolleyes: Thanks crew,...
    Scott Platte City Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moriver View Post
    I Will the MSWP and the MDC be ok with it if they find you in mid "Condo Construction"?
    I was surprised to read that a lot of folks here put in there own habitats for crappie. I even posted once saying that I thought it was surprising that anyone and everyone can drop there own stuff in the big lakes. I guess on LOZ and Truman many people do. Don't seem to be a problem, and if it's good for the fish then what the heck.
    As far as Legal in your area or lake? Contact the local offices and ask.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

I never asked. but with all the publicity on here,it might be a good thing to talk to the local conservation agent and get their thoughts on the idea. I bet you wont have much trouble puting out some habitat. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here on truman

I asked at the Corps office and they told me okay, but I had to mark on there map where it was going to be........ no problem I just marked a mile or so from where it was.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

monty shame on you. my cousin is the head map maker for COE and he was telling me about these guys putting in stake beds, and just exactly where they were. now I find out it was all lies, man wasted three weeks fishing the wrong spot,

moriver send a pm to the conservation guy on here he might be able to help, mofishmgr i think. let us know how it turns out,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moriver View Post
    I am seeing lots of posts on making your own brush piles. So my question is can I go to lets say Smithville and make my own fish attractors? I know folks do it but what about the Regs for doing it? Will the MSWP and the MDC be ok with it if they find you in mid "Condo Construction"? I dont want to get a ticket for makin a fishin hole:rolleyes: Thanks crew,...
    Smithville is run by two separate government agencies the Corp of Engineers and the Clay County Parks Department. I called the Parks Department to ask if I could drop some brush and they really didn't give me a definitive answer. They told me they prefer that nobody put anything in the lake with out permission. I then asked who I could get permission from. They told me fist that I would need permission from the Corp, then they said I would need permission form the Parks Department, then again came back to say that I needed permission from Parks and Corp.

I've heard of others on here that have dropped brush in the lake. I never asked if they had permission or not. Mofishmngr who works the lake should be able to answer that question. Send him a message and post his response when you get it.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)