Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BnM Bass/crappie float n fly

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM Bass/crappie float n fly

Has anybody got theirs yet. I'm curious about what you think.
    Scott

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smedley
    Has anybody got theirs yet. I'm curious about what you think.
    Jack Wells,BnM, sent me a prototype a couple of months ago..I am not much of a floatnfly fisherman so I used mine for trolling...It has worked great for me and I like the weighted handle...I think BnM has a winner with the rod...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Smedley ...

If you want a good quality, low cost FnF rod ... that's about 8ft long, has good sensitivity, and is heavy duty enough to chase the bruiser Smallmouth ... then it's all the rod you'd want, for the money.

I field tested the prototype, in various situations ... casting jigs, casting float/jig, even shooting docks with it. It has performed well. I have matched my rod with a Mitchell 308X & 6lb mono. It balances at 1.5in from the front end of the cork handle (where the hook retainer is) ... this is with the reel on, and all 6 weights attached. That may be a little "tip end heavy" for some, but hasn't posed a problem for me. When I remove the "weight system", the rod balances at the point where the rod blank enters the handle.

Jack Wells, of BnM, is working on getting some "add on" weights - for those that would like to have a greater variation in balance capability.

The rod is 7ft 11in long - to make it "Bass tournament legal", in length. This is the only length currently available for this particular model rod. This is not a UL rod, but it is quite sensitive. The cork handle is shorter than most spinning rods of this length.

To purchase one of these rods, at the "special price" being offered to Crappie.com members - contact Jack Wells @ 1-800-647-6363 and tell him you're a member & what your board name is (Smedley). The rod retails to the general public for $51.99 (+s/h) ... but Crappie.com members can purchase this rod, for the remainder of this year, for $35.00 (+s/h).

...........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Love them

I received mine in the mail in only about 3 days. They were just like I thought they would be. The action and length are just perfect for crappie fishing and drop shotting for spotted bass. I put the pfluger president spinning reels on them and the balance is just right with the supplied weights as they were shipped. The only thing negative I had with them is one of them was not glued enough to hold the weight holder in the butt section. It only took me a few minutes to glue it back in and I never even called or told them as I know they would have corrected it or sent me another one. I am very pleased with the rods and look forward to giving them the real test with a 2 lb slab pulling on them.

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

I Bought 2 Of Them Give 1 To My Buddie An Kept The Other
    For Myself Very Nice Rods Have Caught Crappie On Them
    An Cant Wait Till Float An Fly Weather Gets Here So A
    Big Smallie Can Put It To The Test They Seem To Be Balanced
    Rea Good I Really Like Mine Nice Rod

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Jack Wells,BnM, sent me a prototype a couple of months ago..I am not much of a floatnfly fisherman so I used mine for trolling...It has worked great for me and I like the weighted handle...I think BnM has a winner with the rod...

Hey Don. any problems with those shorter handles fitting in a rod holder?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

I Fished 1 In A Rod Holder Yesterday It Stayed In It
    But I Dont Really Trust It Just A Little Short In
    My Opinion