Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: crappie nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie nibbles

Anyone else use crappie nibbles? I fish a couple of small farm ponds (2 acres +-) that they work very well in. They don.t seem to work as well in the larger lakes. whats your experince??

Post Thanks / Like

When the bite is tough, I use them and they seem to make a difference.
    I fish with them all over Texas in lakes of all different sizes and they work great for me.
    Just make sure that you take them out of the jar when you first get them, spread them out on a paper plate and let them dry out overnight. This will make them tough and will stay on the hook a lot better.
    Magic Bait Co. makes a crappie nibble also that is cheaper and works well too.
    I believe that they are called crappie bites. They are a little tougher to dry out and seperate, but they are about a buck a jar cheaper than the berkley crappie nibbles.
    Kevin Kubiak
    Lake Granger Crappie Guide
    Kubiak's Crappie Kingdom
    512-848-4469

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use crappie nibbles with tube jigs and use a Bait Pump to inject them....no worry about coming off the hook etc.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TREEPLANTER56 View Post
    Anyone else use crappie nibbles?

They're very popular. If you search the archives for "nibbles", you'll find lots of threads discussing them.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 6 bottles of them 3-4 years ago. I have tried them at least a dozen times. I have not caught a single crappie while using them. I'll still try them every now and then when it is slow, maybe one of these days they will make a difference.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried them on Crappie with no difference noticed. However the Bream love them on small baits. I have friends who swear by nibbles, they ain't shown me anything. I catch more fish on my jig while they replace nibbles. Also those things are nasty mashed into boat carpet. I say if it works for you use it. I'm not using them when I catch plenty without.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

They seem to work for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I have tried them on Crappie with no difference noticed. However the Bream love them on small baits. I have friends who swear by nibbles, they ain't shown me anything. I catch more fish on my jig while they replace nibbles. Also those things are nasty mashed into boat carpet. I say if it works for you use it. I'm not using them when I catch plenty without.
    We have tried them many times and, like some of you, I cannot see much difference. Like Nimrod says, they are very messy especially in clothing and boat carpet.

No, we very rarely use them. We use cut bait often, that works.

Post Thanks / Like

I Switched To Kodiak Paste A Long Time Ago And Can't Beat It. Now That Said I Am Now Going To Use Ed's Scent This Week 3-4 Days And See If It Is As Good If Not Better Than Kodiak Paste. Lots Of Luck Ed.... Two Poles Each With The Same Jig But Different Scent . I Only Verticial Jig With One Pole . Dip And See Then Dip Other One........

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted this before but it's worth saying again. Until this year if I couldn't find any minnows I would not go fishing. Since I've started using the nibbles I've caught more and bigger crappie (fishing in the same places) than I ever have before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast