Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Arizona Worm Growers ??

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Arizona Worm Growers ??

I want to make a worm bed and raise my own worms for fishing bait.Does anyone here do that,and have you had any luck.Worms are getting pretty expensive out here,Almost the price of a six pack.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Show Low, Az in summer Tonto Basin Az winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yo slabber

The crappie catch is slow here at Rosey. On the advise of a friend, and neighbor I just ordered 250 wax worms in hopes the Blue Gill will be more cooperative. Paid $12.99 which is more than 2 6 packs but if they work it's an investment.
    Any thoughts as to setting depths on slip bobbers?
    Never did this before.
    Steve

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,do you have slip bobbers,bobber stop yet?It is so easy once you can tie your bobber stop on properly,so it does not interfere with the rod guides when you reel it in.The first thing is if you are going for bluegills at the back of pretty much any cove you can set the bobber at say 4 foot and throw it to about a foot off the bank,look at your bobber,if it is standing staight up and down it is in enough water,if it is laying on its side it is down to deep.And you have to pull your bobber stop up a little to get your bait off the bottom.I have been tearing the bluegills up.I'm going after big bluegills now,I got my 1/2 lb. of African Nightcrawlers at the beginning of the week,It's nice to have good worms anytime that I want them now.About a hundred times better and more healthy then them ones at the bait store.Good luck.
    "Garden Hackler"lol