Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Springs Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question Blue Springs Lake

Last edited by mduncan62; 01-24-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you with any info on the crappie but if you getter figgered out let me know. It's been a couple yrs. since i've fished any of the three but used to do real well Catfishin on Jocomo. The guys I used to go with only wanted to fish for Cats. Will have to say we did catch some really nice Channels 8 to 15 lbs.

basstech Guest

I fish Jacomo everyweek. Use to keep my boat at blues springs. Back when the lake was about 2 to 5 yrs. old we were taking nice size white crappie off the marina dock back along the rental slip area. But then they rented them all out and people started using lifts and keeping thier boats in there year round. Never caught anything but dinks on the main lake. An 8" fish would have been about the biggest. But, since you run a boat out there...there is a place I know where I use to catch good size crappie on spinner baits while bass fishing out there. Go under the bridge past the blow hole and get on the jacomo dam side of the trees and run almost all the way down to a big (huge) tree stump. Can't miss the stump cause it is the biggest one there. go left. there is a creek channel that winds through a bunch of thick wooded area back there and that is the only place other than the marina dock that I've caught keeper crappie. No gaurantees....cause when i'm in a boat I'm ussually bass fishing. Jacomo is way better than longview and blues springs for crappie fishing. Bluesprings is great for bass fishing and hybrids. Longview, well, It's good for nothin.

progressive816 Guest

Default blue springs crappie

i fish blue springs quite frequently on land along the dam. the crappie fishing there sucks. i have landed a few 10+ inch oddballs there using small spoons while targeting stripers. U guys are absolutely right. there are a bunch of small crappies there under 8". There seems to be a gap in size from 8-10". I wish here were more 9"+ crappies in that lake. However my friend's neighbor fishes crappie there on boat and has had success. The location to fish is the tree coves directly across the marina that is off of bowlin rd. ex: as soon as u unload your boat, go stright to the cove on the opposite side of the boat ramp. good luck. i wish i had a boat. longview sucks, but i heard fishing is supposed to be good there. i read it somewhere on missouri game and fish's website.