Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Tek Rod Holders

I"ve been wanting to get some good rod holders for about two years now, but have sorta been waiting to see what is recommended and what is preferred by those in the know. I had seen the Mr. Crappie holders and was so unimpressed I didn't look twice.

Since its my money I'm spending and I work for it, I wanted to get something that was made well and most importantly, worked well. Hi-Tek seemed to fit the bill.

I ordered last week and have been rushing home each night to see if they have arrived and this evening was like Christmas morning for me. I see a brown box on the porch and I knew what it was. Oh boy!

No instructions were enclosed, but to be honest, you really don't need them. There were basically four major assemblies in the box. The rod holders with the clamps already attached, The crossbar they attach to, the central post it attaches to, and the base plate with screws that everything else attaches to.

Here is a shot of the workmanship as far as the welding goes. Looks good to me.

And one of where the central post carries the cross bar

This is a shot of the end of the cross bar, showing the rod holder clamp and how its made. The black thing on top is the rod holder itself.

Here is a shot of the rod holder itself

This one shows the rods mounted in the crappie catching position

Here is the vantage point from the front seat. I can still see the fish finder and reach the buttons. I need to downsize from a 5 gallon bucket to something a bit smaller for minners up front. That shouldn't be a problem.

And here is a picture of Wannabe. No reason, just thought I'd put it in here.:D

Last edited by Fishtaco; 11-18-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be disappointed, good rod holders.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Tek

I love mine, I've tried them all, and I think Hi-Tek is the best high quality pole holder on the market, and great people making them to.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Best I've found----and I've tried several.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

How long did it take to get your rod holders? I ordered a rod holder Monday, so I hope it will be here by Friday so I can use them Sat. morning. I paid thru paypal but I haven't gotten an email from Scott stating he received payment.

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine as well. Good holders and a pretty nice guy to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkdrakehunter View Post
    How long did it take to get your rod holders? I ordered a rod holder Monday, so I hope it will be here by Friday so I can use them Sat. morning. I paid thru paypal but I haven't gotten an email from Scott stating he received payment.
    I ordered them Tuesday last week. I think there was a glitch however. UPS tracking said the package was scheduled for delivery yesterday, then showed the package arrived at the Memphis terminal. It also never showed it as being on the truck for delivery. Not sure what was up with all that.

Check his site and send him an email from the "Contact Us". He'll let you know what's going on.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtaco View Post
    I ordered them Tuesday last week. I think there was a glitch however. UPS tracking said the package was scheduled for delivery yesterday, then showed the package arrived at the Memphis terminal. It also never showed it as being on the truck for delivery. Not sure what was up with all that.

Check his site and send him an email from the "Contact Us". He'll let you know what's going on.
    I have Hi Teks. Your black holder part looks different than mine??
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at their site and I notice that the lowest part of the holder, where it attaches to the clamp portion is round on the web site pics and the ones I have use a cast base. Also the angle the wire enters is different. Mine enters from the backside and the one's on Scott's site enter from the top.

Running change to engineering I guess. Not sure why, but I can't see how it would change the function of the holder any. Seems to still be just as well made. The one's I have do seem to have more of a 'cradle' formed by that cast base.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast