Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: inserting pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Question inserting pics?

I was wondering how you insert pics into the board? i would like to share some pictures of my catches with other fellow anglers on this board, but i am not sure on how to do so.

Also i hear you can include polls, how do you do this?
    thanks
    Early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
    :cool:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slayer,

To add pics. Go to brag board. You will have to log in at the top. Then add a listing at the top. go ahead and put down what ever you want to write in. Then I think you hit submit and it will ask you if you have any attachments to add. Hope this helps.

And by the way, I saw your post in the Louisiana message board. A sac-a-lait is what the boys from down in South Louisiana call a Crappie or white perch.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Perchslayer,

In order to put pictures in your posts here you first have upload the picture to a website on the internet. There are some websites that will allow you to do that for free.

Then click on the yellow box above where you type your message and type or paste the URL (web address) for the picture in the box that opens.

The picture is not actually on this website - just code that links to the picture and displays it when the messge is viewed.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Guys

I just put a picture on my computer's hard drive in a directory and then pointed to that picture and it posted in here ok. Just make sure that the file size of the picture is not too big. There is a limit on the file size for the crappie.com server.

Save the file in JPEG or another compressed file formate and reduce the size of the picture itself if you have to reduce the files size. Most graphics programs will let you change the file size or the picture size. You can also crop the picture to reduce the number of pixels shown and thus the file size. Scan the picture at less than 150 dpi to further reduce the file size. Or convert the picture to only 256 bit color or even to black and white to get it smaller if you have to.

I have managed to post several pictures in here since Ed started the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Perchslayer,

In order to put pictures in your posts here you first have upload the picture to a website on the internet. There are some websites that will allow you to do that for free.

Then click on the yellow box above where you type your message and type or paste the URL (web address) for the picture in the box that opens.

The picture is not actually on this website - just code that links to the picture and displays it when the messge is viewed.
    Last edited by Moose1am; 09-27-2004 at 10:31 AM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerchSlayer
    I was wondering how you insert pics into the board? i would like to share some pictures of my catches with other fellow anglers on this board, but i am not sure on how to do so.

Also i hear you can include polls, how do you do this?
    thanks

bring up a new thread screen, click on go advanced, then on manage attachments, then on browse. navigate to the photo you have scanned then click on upload. when it has uploaded, click on close this window, then enter your post message and then click on submit reply and if your photo hasnt been saved in a large file when scanned it will pop up in the message
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, I didn't know you could do that, thanks I'm going to give it at try.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com