Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Carpet Mildew Remover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carpet Mildew Remover

What Is The Best Product To Remove Mildew From Boat Carpet? A Guy Told Me To Use Tilex But It Says Right On The Bottle Not To Use On Carpet Because It Will Discolor It.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

simple green is what a lot of rv'ers use on their canopies. I can't imagine that carpet is more of a problem than sunbrella. I believe you should dilute it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah. I just use a bleach and water mixture to spray my carpet down and in make it look like new again. Make sure to try in an inconspicuous place to make sure it doesn't damage. Just spray a little spot and wait. Most of the carpets are colorfast and are not affected by use of bleach. I have to do mine about twice a year. During the rainy seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I started a thread about 3 years ago titled "GreenStuff" (I think). You might be able to pull it up in the search. I sure learned a lot from it.
    I have a problem with carpet in my toon boat. I use a mixture of diluted bleach and water. Then power wash it. Simple Green is pretty good. Just make sure you don't get it on any plexiglass windsheilds or depth finder screens. You won't be happy.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

There is a product called Tuff-Stuff that you can get at wal-mart. Excellent cleaner. I have tan carpeting in my boat and it shows EVERYTHING! Tuff-Stuff makes it look like new. Diluted bleach works well also.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"