PDA

View Full Version : Needing recommendations for good fly patterns for Red Drum and Sea Trout

AWMiller
11-17-2009, 03:18 PM
If you have some recommendations for flies to use for Red Drum or Sea Trout, please post them up!!

Thanks y'all!

shadow
11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Get with SneakyPete on the Louisiana forum, he fishes almost exclusively for reds with flys and does quite well on them too!:D

AWMiller
11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks Dwyane! I'll give him a holler!

sneakypete
11-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Get with SneakyPete on the Louisiana forum, he fishes almost exclusively for reds with flys and does quite well on them too!:D

Oh, ma babe, flattery has got to get you somewhere!
Hope you are kicking some crappie bootie at D'bone! My fly fishing success with reds has come to a sudden stop - hope it's shortlived!
I'll bet Mark (DocW) had a fit last night. That was the sorriest bit of coaching I have ever seen in a football game, and I've seen PLENTY!
Happy Turkey Day
Pete

crappiejohn
11-22-2009, 07:25 PM
basic deciever should work fine for reds

sneakypete
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
basic deciever should work fine for reds

Not in the world we live in, old podnuh!
Hook should be inverted for shallow grassy or shell-bottom water - or use a popper.
Deceivers are possibly the worst fly around for redfish in most - MOST - situations where they are found. Of the thousand-odd reds I have caught on fly, roughly four were caught on Deceivers.
Sorry Crappiejohn, but that's the way it was, once upon a time in the Mississippi River Delta.
Pete :cool:

crappiejohn
11-24-2009, 02:12 AM
ive used them tons in texas and caught plenty reds and trout.. just guess its like everything else... location location location