Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance HDS-8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance HDS-8

got the new unit yesterday,going to try to get it mounted while it's nasty outside, hope it's as good as the HD-5X is on the front, it's quite a bit bigger so mounting will be tricky, may have to put it on a pole. oh well rainy day project. crappie fishes watch out I can see you now

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Michael.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

beagle man You'll love the bigger screen. It begs to split it, GPS/ graph. Just got the StructureScan yesterday. Will have it mounted this week. Ram Mounts has a new one for these monster units with a 2 1/4in ball. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you like it. I am ready to purchace something for mine. Was hoping to find a left over LCX 38 somewhere on sale. They are getting hard to find. Found lots of the LCX 27 but they have not droped much in price. May end up with a HDS 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day for to do that Beagle. Last I seen was clearing Thursday so Stockton crappie beware Beagle is on the prowl

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Beagle on the new unit. I am leaning towards that one myself, let us know how you like it. Are you going to get StructureScan later?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all, chatt,going to get the structure scan, are they ready to ship to us non in the know types, the ram mount I am going to need, no place to mount the unit except to on top of the comsole,

by the way congrats on your retirement, you get lonley and need a fishing buddy let me know. or if you want to catch small crappie I will be able to find them I hope.
    J.J. I will be prowling the cold clear waters of stockton friday, and beyond Darrell is off for a week so we going to try to get him a mess of turkey day crappie. later all

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Beagle, I have an HDS 8 and HDS 7. Like Chatt said, the larger screen allows lots of split screens. Make sure you check the operating systems and it is up to date. You may need to download the SS update. Shoot me a PM if you need any help.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

thank's ranger I will let you know how it goes, going to get the nav. maps pretty soon or take them from the 797 and use them till I sell the 797. just got the new nav. hot maps, HD and they are pretty good, now have to incorporate the way points from my garmin fishing hot spots, and my own way points to the LOWRANCE, oh and get to town and get a ram mount, or else mount it temp. on the console, got the transducer ready to mount, got the back of the boat cleaned and sanded ready to fill the holes from the humminbird transducer.and then attach then new one, looks like no problem, wed. project for sure,

Post Thanks / Like

Ifn I was you, I'd order it NOW!!! When these hit the market, they will be long in demand and short on stock. I'm still waiting on another HDS-8 that prolly wont show up till about a month. Yes, there is a update for all HDS's <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast