Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish attractors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish attractors

How many of you out there install attractors alone? Brad Whitehead and myself have sank alot of pvc and wood this year. Matter of fact we are still building more. Safey should be the first thing we think of while installing atractors. Life jackets ect. must be worn to make sure we retun to fish again. What could we use that is safe enough to install alone? Our attractors weigh 40lbs. They work and do not float. Just thinking.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I use corrugated drain pipe, 4" and stick it vertical in buckets with concrete
    It imitates a vertical log and does not catch the hook like a real log.
    Make some 5' high and some 8' high
    Some I stick 1/2" PVC pipes through in horizontal position to mimic branches
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

never let go of the stearing wheel when blasting off with 5 or more treetops in your boat.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

just an observation - oncoming traffic seems to get real po'ed when the
    tree tops hanging out of your boat slaps their mirrors or scrapes down the
    side of their ride :D Oh, and hardwood pallets take more
    rocks to sink than your boat can safely haul - don't ask me how, but this
    I know.
    Last edited by J White; 11-02-2005 at 08:25 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jeff, I haven,t tried it yet but im going to when it gets cold I was thinking if you put a eye bolt in the center of the concret like a lifting eye and just run a rope thur the eye and lower the condo to the bottom if your satisfied where it is ,just let go of one end of the rope and pull the other I am going to use nylon rope to try and eliminate any fouling in the condo.What do you think I know yall put out a lot of condos Back when I did put out some cedar trees I just kinda wrapped the rope thur the limbs but ever now and then it would slip off but the tree was already on its way to the bottom

Buckshot Guest

Default Reply - krappiekrazy

[QUOTE=krappiekrazy]How many of you out there install attractors alone? Brad Whitehead and myself have sank alot of pvc and wood this year. Matter of fact we are still building more. Safey should be the first thing we think of while installing atractors. Life jackets ect. must be worn to make sure we retun to fish again. What could we use that is safe enough to install alone? Our attractors weigh 40lbs. They work and do not float. Just thinking.[/QUOTE= Buckshot]I'm new on line, was looking at your messaage of installing fish attractors. I have several of Bill Dance fish attrators out, their easy to assemble, they weigh 4.75 pounds, use cinder block 8 pounds, they will stay where you place them. You can put dozen or more in boat, then assemble where reaching your fishing spot. My fishing partner Spider Rigger was very skeptical about the attractor at first, but not now. No hangs to fool with and the fish will go to them in very short period of time. They are very safe to use and handle. Would not jerk you out of boat when placing them. Have many good stories share about the fish attractors, if you want to hear some, post and I will try to reply. Time frame fish uses is unbelieveable in using the attractors. Thank you and hope some of this might help you.
    Buckshot

Buckshot Guest

Default Reply - krappiekrazy

[QUOTE=krappiekrazy]How many of you out there install attractors alone? Brad Whitehead and myself have sank alot of pvc and wood this year. Matter of fact we are still building more. Safey should be the first thing we think of while installing atractors. Life jackets ect. must be worn to make sure we retun to fish again. What could we use that is safe enough to install alone? Our attractors weigh 40lbs. They work and do not float. Just thinking.[/QUOTE= Buckshot]I'm new on line, was looking at your messaage of installing fish attractors. I have several of Bill Dance fish attrators out, their easy to assemble, they weigh 4.75 pounds, use cinder block 8 pounds, they will stay where you place them. You can put dozen or more in boat, then assemble where reaching your fishing spot. My fishing partner Spider Rigger was very skeptical about the attractor at first, but not now. No hangs to fool with and the fish will go to them in very short period of time. They are very safe to use and handle. Would not jerk you out of boat when placing them. Have many good stories share about the fish attractors, if you want to hear some, post and I will try to reply. Time frame fish uses is unbelieveable in using the attractors. Thank you and hope some of this might help you.
    Buckshot

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried these?
    Name:  fish cribs in Nebraska.jpg
Views: 2299
Size:  89.6 KB

All of our products are Made in the USA with all American made materials.
    Artificial fish habitat,crappie attractors and bass structure made from PVC.
    Numerous models of various sizes,textures and shapes for fry to lunkers.
    Mention Crappie.com with your order for 10% off!!
    Fishiding.com Structurespot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 2"X6"X8' Treated Board to put mine in the water. I sit the board up across the boat, side to side. I sit the Bucket or whatever the base is on one edge of the boat, on board. Then I build the structure. When i'm ready to deploy the bucket, I pick up the opposite end of the board, push it out over water, and tilt it as you push. The bucket/base will just side off in the water. Your not near the edge of boat to fall out, or close enough to the structure to accidently pull you over. It is the safest way I have found.

keith

Post Thanks / Like

I always do this when nobody is out like a weekday or even at night so nobody knows my spot so when i leave they just dont go and place it on their gps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast