Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stupid Slip Bobber Question ??

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stupid Slip Bobber Question ??

I just got a bunch of slip bobbers in the mail.They are a little different then what I used to use.They are just like a football with a hole in them,that came with like a tooth pick,Do you just put your line through the hole,adjust where you want it and slide that peg to keep it there?I'm used to tieing on a bobber stop and the bobber has like a straw in it.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use those the same way you always have. Just put a bead between the bobber and the stopper.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    I just got a bunch of slip bobbers in the mail.They are a little different then what I used to use.They are just like a football with a hole in them,that came with like a tooth pick,Do you just put your line through the hole,adjust where you want it and slide that peg to keep it there?I'm used to tieing on a bobber stop and the bobber has like a straw in it.
    Go to the Miss board and see similar message I posted. Some helpful replys.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.I just set one up for tomorrow and it worked out good.Just looked weird.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Thanks guys.I just set one up for tomorrow and it worked out good.Just looked weird.
    How did you set it up?? Let's see. (In case you haven't been told, we, on these fishing forums like to see pictures. I took much grief before I learned how to post pics.) All in good fun.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

What IBN said the only thing I'd add is put a small split shot at the bottom so just in case you break off the split will hold the bobber on the line

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    What IBN said the only thing I'd add is put a small split shot at the bottom so just in case you break off the split will hold the bobber on the line

Fatman
    I fully agree, and exactly what i am doing. On the line I have a bead above the bobber to fix/stop the bobber (or adjust the distance between the bobber and the hook), and a split shot between the bottom of the bobber and the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I used them yesterday and got all them bluegills with them.I probably ordered the wrong size,I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered them,like 1/2" by 3/4",but they did the trick with 2lb. test and a tiny splitshot.The tooth pick thing just does away with the bobber stop,right?
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

NOPE if you use the toothpick it's like fishing a regular bobber. You're setting a fixed depth and all that line is hanging below the float for you to have to cast.

fatman