Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hb 997

Post Thanks / Like

Default hb 997

buddy of mine is going to take advantage of the sale that cabales if having on the 997 he ask me about some sort of upgrade on a cable, does anyone know anything about this? or what comes in box will suffice, any help on this will help also any advice on anything we need to set him up, we are getting it friday, thanks!
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to read some of the other post if it is the side imaging from humminbird, I think the 997 may be the one that wont get accept the upgrades. I am not positive but there are several posts under the electronics section

Post Thanks / Like

997 will be upgradeable for the faster GPS response and the down imaging. It's the 797 you're thinking about that won't take the down imaging. There's a good thread over there on the 997 vs the 2010 model 998 you might want to look at.

To answer your question though - the cable upgrade he's thinking of, may be the Y cable - which allows for a traditional transducer to be connected and the bigger SI transducer as well. The SI ducer gives a lot of folks fits picking up a signal at speed. It's also goshawful expensive, so many have taken to mounting the ducer higher on the transom to prevent snapping it off by hitting a stump, then using the Y cable to mount a regular transducer in the normal location.

You box will not have a Y cable, but you can buy it. Other than that, assuming you're buying a complete unit, it'll have everything you need....although it's possible to buy a new unit without a transducer so just check the box or as your vendor.

Hope that helps.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for setting me straight wannabe, I was thinking of the wrong unit. Too many numbers