Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Boat Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Boat Setup

My boat Thanks guys for all your input on this forum,:D:D
    It is getting better, Hope The pics come out new to this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by HARLEYBOY; 11-16-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Pictures
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking boat and set up!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice boat! I'm guessing you don't do much shallow water fishin' ?
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good looking boat....I bet it handles rough water good.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Default Setup

Very nice boat...I noticed one thing I would change...the poles look to be set to high in your pole holders. Set em where the pole tip is no more than one foot from the water surface, that way wind won't effect your line.

This way every thing is the same, and you'll notice real quick if one pole is out of formation, and you can set the hook faster. It's just a little thing, but little things can make big things some times.

Another little thing that will turn into a big thing is....If you fish with double drop hooks, and you have a fish on the bottom hook, when you use the dip net, don't let the top hook down into the dip net to, it will only get tangled up and be a cluster, and cost you time untangling hooks.

Little things will make your day much easier and enjoyable.....

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Thanks Guys, Learning curve for me, Thanks on infor. on rod holders, Can still get about 3ft or so on the fishing till TM tells I need to get deeper water,HA try not to let that happen ,And yes it handles rough water better than my friends bass boat, maybe just me ?But Granbaby 4 yrs, loves it ,she can move around and still fish & play,
    anymore Information welcome
    THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you twenty five dollars for the front and back fishing seats.

What's that in the pic with the motor trimmed up? Some kind of home made motor toter?

And if you really want to de-cluster-goof the boat, loose the cleats on the front deck and install some pop ups. Those cleats are a rod seller's best friend. Just ask Bigger if you don't believe me.

That's a good lookin' shed in the back ground too. Tell ya what, I'll kick in another $25 for the shed and pick it up when I come up for the seats.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw Man ,like the seat toooo much, as far the motor toter, it's one of those things you guys said I should look at in one of my posts,LOCK-n-HAUL, transom saver, works great,easy, to put on & off,works on most motors from 50 Hp. on up they say ?
    can't get shed of the shed ,got HOG in there,need to keep dry,But come on down anyway may have something I may find to sale,Or heck may give away, Did Bigger lose a rod or two???????
    HAVE A GREAT DAY

Post Thanks / Like

Harley, that is one fine rig you got. You have much good fishing in store for yourself, especially with the grandkid(s).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, well, I understand now. I thought by Harleyboy, you was just saying you were 5'6" and 300# plus.

I understand, gotta keep the pig dry. In that case, I'll go up to $50 for both the seats if you'll throw in the shipping. That way, you'll have some extra money to buy something shiney to put on the pig. LOL.

Yeah, Bigger has popped a couple of rods on them cleats and I've come close a time two myself. Funny thing is, I'd have to drive pretty near all the way over to you to find a lake with a dock where you could use the cleat to tie off. For some reason, we Mississippians is flat out against putting a dock on the water.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast