Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another New Guy

Old Hickory Guest

Default Another New Guy

I guess that I am not new (have been lurking on this forum for a couple of months) and really enjoy all the banter between the members. I used to fish
    (fresh water) a lot but 2 bum knees and some Arthur Itis has slowed me down quite a bit. I guess one of the things that I would be interesten in is what kind of boats are you guys running? Some pictures on the site would be great. Keep up the banter and keep a tight line.

Old Hickory

Post Thanks / Like

well I can not really explain what I have, it is kind of made by me, and is not really any brand of boat, but I will see if I can get a pic. Welcome to the forum!
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Old Hickory Guest

Those "made by me's" are great. You have all the hands on fun of makeing them and after they are done you get to FISH from them. This spring I just sold a 14' drift dory that I made back in 1990. Lots of fun building it and a whole lot of fun fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

well mine was an old welded gregor which i kinda turned into a lundish boat but not nearly as high quality. but I fish it proudly, when it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Old Hickory. It's good to see more people joining the forum.

As far as boats, I'm running a 18' fiberglass bass boat with an 85hp bored to 105hp. Three Livewells, depth finder, flasher, 45lb bow mounted foot controlled trolling motor, full gauge package, rod lockers. She's not new put I keep her clean and she runs great. I'll try to snap a picture this weekend and post it.

Old Hickory Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing

As far as boats, I'm running a 18' fiberglass bass boat with an 85hp bored to 105hp. Three Livewells, depth finder, flasher, 45lb bow mounted foot controlled trolling motor, full gauge package, rod lockers.
    Sounds like some BIG IRON to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a 15.5 foot aluminum, 25HP. bow and transom trollin motors, 1 livewell, rod lockes, two downrigers, one main and one bow mounted fishfinder, I also will try for a pic.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't posted a pic yet...this is a good excuse to try...Here is my River Hawk...I have a 7.5 Evinrude on the back and a 40lb Min Kota on the front. Good livewell in the center. I am able to run an ancient portable depth finder but it works great. I recently added a minn kota temp guage. Drifmaster rod holders are not shown but I have four for when I troll for specks.