Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 1197c SI $700.00???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 1197c SI $700.00???

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of this company. Looked at others for sale and found the 997 for $400.00. I am gun shy. If it is to good to be true, then it probally is. Shipping and paying adds some question. Maybe others have dealt with this company and can give us input. I paid $1700 for my 997 and it was from a company that a lot of crappie.com member use.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

I'd stay far away. This company is not based in the USA as far as I can tell, despite claiming their "warehouse" is in Denver, CO.

What means bad grammer? To me, it means these folks ain't from around here, meaning, this hemisphere. So for my money, they can just stay home and take each others money. H***, even the web site name is poor grammer. Sport goods?

I copied this from their "legal notice" page. Its just a FAQ, nothing legal about it. Look at the question about phone calls.
    Q. What means White Glove Service?
    A. This is our own shipping service, done with our own trucks and drivers. We ship more items at once so it takes 10-15 working days to deliver. White Glove Service contains beside shipping, assembling (if necessary ) and debris removal (if necessary) .
    Q. How long it takes to process an order?
    A. It takes us arround 72 hours from the moment you paid to arrange your items, load and ship.
    Q. What type of payments do you accept?
    A. We accept, PayPal by Moneypak, BillMeLater, cash and other forms of payment.
    Q. Why I can't send directly from my PayPal account ?
    A. Moneypak is the latest way to load your PayPal account. You can find that option if you log in your account. It's also the most secure way for a merchant to receive payments with a no-fraud policy and this is the reason we don't accept direct PayPal transfers.
    Q. Why some methods of payment are not open for my account?
    A. Due to a large number of fraudulent orders received lately, first time customers do not have access to all the methods of payment we accept.
    Q. What happens if the received items are scratched, not as described etc. ?
    A. We must be notified within 48 hours from the date of delivery for a no cost return or exchange .
    Q. I left you a message but no one contacted me?
    A. We receive thousands of phone messages daily.We can't reach everybody for some general questions so it's better if you place your order first and call us after.We also confirm all orders so make sure you write your cellphone when you register on the website.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

"Q. I left you a message but no one contacted me?
    A. We receive thousands of phone messages daily.We can't reach everybody for some general questions so it's better if you place your order first and call us after.We also confirm all orders so make sure you write your cellphone when you register on the website."
    After reading this I figured as much. Guess I'll have to keep saving my pennies.

Post Thanks / Like

For sure that last Q/A sent me runnin'.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep sounds to good, first seen it I reached for the plastic but might call them anyway and mess with it.
    Green River Lake

Post Thanks / Like

mama always said life was like a box of...No wait...mama always said if in you was on the internet and it sounded to good to be true, IT WAS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

check out this website before ordering. Looks like a scam.

Sport Goods Outlet - Sport Good Outlet.com SCAM
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors