Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 11-14-09 Salvaged the Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 11-14-09 Salvaged the Day

Met up with Monty and Dave this morning and boy did it start out slow. Fished from Sparrowfoot to Otter and didn't come up with more than four keepers. Went on towards Hay and U Bridge area and managed to catch some better ones but the bite was sure slow. Talked to Bob and PurpleCrappie at the ramp this morning and ran into the JJ's on the water. Good seeing all of you. We ended up with 19 keepers total. Dave is a No Joe catching machine, but at the same time caught some of our best fish I believe. Nice meeting you and fishing with you today Dave. Truck said it was 51 degree's when I left to head home and it was nasty. Got to the house hour and a half later and it was 76 degree's here and sunny. What a difference 80 miles can make.

Monty been moon lighting as a closet Rice Burner driver.

Heard lots of gun shots today and also saw several duck hunters. Also found this little guy floating in the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Guys, looks like you had a good time....I ran over a duck about midway between Sparrowfoot and Otter creek on Friday...couldn't believe it at first, circled back and turns out it was a decoy in the middle of the lake...would have cleaned him but thought he might be a chewy

Post Thanks / Like

Chris it was nice meeting you and Monty this morning.Bob and I are wondering where you picked up the 3rd guy in your boat?Monty was worried he went to sparrowfoot.

Post Thanks / Like

He showed up right after you guys put in. Then of course I had to wait on Monty to get back since he had went looking for him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Chris and Monty, it was great fishing with you guys. A real hoot. Good fish and laughs. Monty was worried about me getting there...I follow directions pretty well...LOL

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

In that second picture.........Monty looks like he kicked over his coffee cup Sounds like you guys faired pretty well!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

well I must say good day glad you guys had fun. never know what you will or who you will run into on the water, congrats on the fun time

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish & good pics. Good seeing you Chris & Dave & Olesilverside. That Nitro sure sets good in the water. I bet you can fish all day out if that & never get tired. Sets real flat in the water. Sure glad you guys picked up some good fish. I'm sure Monty had fun running the trolling motor taking you to the good stuff to fish. Dave you were in good company there. Sure would like to know how the Ozark rod fell in the water
    Oh ya one more thing' Monty looks good in that Toyota.
    Last edited by Just Jiggin; 11-15-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Monty ,way deep down inside you like that truck. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default The truck was nice

but it smelled like someone had been cooking rice in it...... to dam many gadgets on it for me..... I think it even has a butt wiper in it, I just couldn't figure out how to operate it, so just left a duck call in the cab, course it was gone by the time we got back........:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast