Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smithville 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville 11/14

any body fished yet today or going out later? watching KSU and MU now, but thinking about heading out to the docks if the weather holds...

Post Thanks / Like

Uh..don't bother.

Post Thanks / Like

As always,should have been there last week.I went to the north end on friday.I see why Cook is fishing down on the docks,muddy up there.:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Got Cook's message too late It was slow - caught a few small ones... Didn't stay too long. A couple questions for you Smithville folks - 1, where else can one fish for crappie at Smithville without a boat! The Camp Branch docks are fine for now - but wondering where else I can go - docks or shoreline. I tried the area to the west of CB - where all those trees stick out of the water - but it seems really shallow...didn't try too long cuz of the wind. Also, I am in the process of possibly buying a little 16' boat that I would use there, are there a lot of good crappie areas on the lake (for if/when that day comes).

Post Thanks / Like

limited choices till spring-going to be muddy everywhere if the forecasters are right for a change

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin View Post
    Got Cook's message too late It was slow - caught a few small ones... Didn't stay too long. A couple questions for you Smithville folks - 1, where else can one fish for crappie at Smithville without a boat! The Camp Branch docks are fine for now - but wondering where else I can go - docks or shoreline. I tried the area to the west of CB - where all those trees stick out of the water - but it seems really shallow...didn't try too long cuz of the wind. Also, I am in the process of possibly buying a little 16' boat that I would use there, are there a lot of good crappie areas on the lake (for if/when that day comes).
    Wannagofishin, your best bet is to contact Mo fish mgr or Apkape. Those guys are very on top of where to go, and can steer you in the right direction. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm not sure where the big ones are at. Last Saturday I did see large schools of bait and crappie around the Camp Branch area. I tried my brush piles and only caught dinks. I'm still holding out to see what next week brings.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

What water temps are you seeing up there?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

dropping like a rock

Post Thanks / Like

Until spring, the docks and the main lake points and brushpiles are the only game in town. This storm system has messed everything up, but once we settle into colder weather the fishing off the docks will pick up. Like cook said, the week before last was pretty good. I fished three days and took ear bones as guys cleaned their catch, this cut into my fishing time, but I still came up just two fish shy of three limits. It'll get better again soon. When spring hits, I can put you on some good bank fishing spots, especially if you don't mind a little walking. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast