Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jigswap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigswap

Try this test. Get a clear glass pitcher, filled half full with water. Tie a jig to the end of your fishing pole line. Put the jig in the pitcher and try to hold it as still as possible, just off the bottom, and without touching the sides. OBSERVE. Notice how it looks more natural than twitching it. Results...don't over work a jig. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

good ideal
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on how the fish are feeding versus warm water in cold water naturally the fish slow down in cold water . Warm water the fish are more active. Also keep in mind on what type of what type of material that you are fishing on your jig. And then conduct your spare minute in a pitcher of water.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good observation prowler.since I was a kid",my old man and me would fill a tub to test spinners,plugs,jigs,etc...to tune,and recalibrate before using our store bought,or our custom tackle made made at home..."I tried this test of yours,I agree" it has a more natural pres."but"when covering water",it has to appear as though there are no fish from one spot to the next,and if so,how that bait moves naturally will be the new factor in how I think for now on.Thanks again guy!
    grubs"

"WELL"...YOU ASKED"NOBODY TELLS ME NOTH'N!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Get a 10 gallon fish tank so you can test it out doing different things to it. This way you can even set up a camera or other video device to see all the action depending on what you do to it.

Twitching is a favorite here for low water summer run steelhead, sometimes the smallest movement will get them to hit when nothing else will.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.