Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie size limits in your state and how does it work

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Crappie size limits in your state and how does it work

I live on the border between states. one has a 9inch limit and the other has none.
    state with 9 limit records are
    black crappie 4lb-5oz
    white crappie 4lb-8oz
    -
    state with no limit
    black 4lb-4oz
    white 5lb-0oz
    not much difference but the lakes in the state with no limit produce smaller crappie avg. weight it seems. Both states have great crappie fishing..
    I was just wondering what other States thought about it..we are debating trying to get something done in Georgia on the GA forum.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Tennessee we have a limit of 15 crappie that must measure 10". A lot of folks griped about it at first but it has settled down and IMHO it is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

In Texas the minimum is 10" with a 25 fish limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Size limits are by lake if there are any. Daily limits are based on where you are in the state. If you are on the northwest of Interstate 30 to Little Rock, then up 67 north to MO, then the limit is 20. If you live on the other side, or southeast, its 30, except for the area between the main levees of the Mississippi river and on Horseshoe lake, the limit is 50
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No size limits in Arizona,but do have a 50 fish posession limit.Not too many crappie fishermen here though,compared to back East.Same size state records.The white being a couple ounces bigger.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I fish forest preserve lakes in cook county IL. daily limits are 15
    no size limits which i think needs to be changed, you get alot of people that take everthing they catch.

dgi

Post Thanks / Like

no size limits but 25 crappie per day in iowa.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

8 inch & 20 crappie daily limit. I keep nothing under 10 inches.
    I see no negatives about these regulations. If it's good for the future of
    crappie fishing, it's good for me.
    cork'n crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty I,ve got property on weiss with a 9 inch limit 30 per day but i do most of my fishing on guntersville lake 10 inch limit 30 fish per day. That being said years ago i use to catch some monster crappie on weiss but not anymore for me I catch the larger fish now from guntersville don,t know if it,s the size limit or all the hydrilla but the fish are bigger. The only thing i hate about the size limit regs, are the small fish that swallow the hook that will die you have to throw them back. I think before long you will start to see some trophy fish & maybe some state records being caught from guntersville lake what ever they,re doing is good for the crappie...

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Shelbyville Lake here in Illinois for the most part and it has a 10 fish over 10 inches and 5 under 10 inches . It is producing some nice fish . My home lake which is Pana lake has no limit . It has a lot of small fish but every once in a while you do catch so decent fish . You just have to check the regs on the lake or lakes you want fish to see what the limits are .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast