Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It has been suggested that MD DNR

Post Thanks / Like

Default It has been suggested that MD DNR

Make some changes to help protect tidal crappie populations. First of all in tidal waters there is no minimum size and the limit per fisherman is not well known. In fact it may be tough to find the limit on them for tidal waters.

In freshwater non-tidal the limit is 15 per day with no size limit..

Here is the rub that may soon be fixed. If a licensed netter catches 15,000 lbs of crappie it can wipe out an entire area for years. No limit on crappie in tidal waters for netters. They are starting to show up in fish markets.

So what is proposed is to make the crappie a no sale fish and set the limit to 12 over 8 inches in tidal waters... Any body have any issues with this?

Capt Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great I know what nets can do to fish populations. I 'm all for it 12 per man is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am new to crappie.com I like to go crappie fishing with my dad tear-em-up. I think those regs would be good to keep crappie fishing good, because I'm only 10 and I want crappie fishing to be good for a long time. We might get to go tommorow if its not still flooded we've had a noreaster here on the eastern shore.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this totally as well, im not 9 im 50 and want the little crappie dudes out there to have even better fishing than we have now, and learn from us all doing the right thing and being conservative for our funture fishermen, lets set an example for some of the politicians out there and maybe they will think a little more about all our futures!! I'm not holding my breath though.

Welcome to crappie.com Crappie Dude!

Post Thanks / Like

The creel limit would have no effect on my because I rarely keep more than about 6 anyway.

I like the "no sale" change. Crappie seems to be such a sport fish to me......