Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My biggest black from Okatibbee

Post Thanks / Like

Default My biggest black from Okatibbee

Caught the biggest black crappie I have ever taken from Okatibbee today. 1/8" short of 12". I have caught bigger whites here. Had 9 others also mix of white and black. All the blacks came from 14 to 16 feet of water around stumps on brown curly tail shad. The whites came from 10 to 14 feet of water, same bait. By the way Hugh that fish came about 200 yds west of where you did most of your trolling in the tourney when MCC visited here.

Last edited by SteveJ; 11-01-2005 at 11:52 AM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice one Steve. I caught a boat load Sunday. Largest limit of 30 fish I have ever caught. I was trolling in 24 feet of water fishing 16 feet deep. The Rez has turned over since the cool temps so you might catch them 2 feet deep or on the bottom. I had 7 over 2 lbs and alot of 1.5-1.75 lb fish.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Steve was just wondering have you tried minnows down there. I fished there in the spring and was thinking of coming back this weekend. Wondering whether to bring minnows or leave them. I really don't know a lot about that lake but would like to learn it. Heck I'm within an hours drive and we caught a lot of them in the spring.It's hard to leave places I know and go somewhere new. Could you point me in the right direction for fall fishing. I know they are drawing it down but Like I said I've only fished in the spring when the water was in the camping area at the Collinsville ramp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to send you an e-mail to the address listed in your profile but it came back, send me one with your right address and I will send info. I'm leaving in the morning for VA if I don't hear from you tonight it will be a while. I use jigs but I'm sure minnows will be fine but I would tip them on a jig, brown shad seems best the last time I was out. Also was best below Collinsville landing. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Renosky
    Steve was just wondering have you tried minnows down there. I fished there in the spring and was thinking of coming back this weekend. Wondering whether to bring minnows or leave them. I really don't know a lot about that lake but would like to learn it. Heck I'm within an hours drive and we caught a lot of them in the spring.It's hard to leave places I know and go somewhere new. Could you point me in the right direction for fall fishing. I know they are drawing it down but Like I said I've only fished in the spring when the water was in the camping area at the Collinsville ramp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 11-02-2005 at 09:29 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff