Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to mount spider rigs??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to mount spider rigs??

I have made some spider rigs but I dont want to mount anything to the actual floor of the boat. Does anyone have any ideas on my options???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm facing the same problem. I have a fiberglass boat and mounting to the sole or floor isn't really a good option, as I would have to through bolt through the hull.

I made a pattern of the area in front of the front seat (my seat is mounted on a bench or thwart that runs all the way from side to side). I'll use a piece of 3/4 ply and seal it in polyurethane. I'll mount the rod holder to this and just drop the whole thing in. With a bucket of minners and my feet on it, it won't/can't go far. Nice thing about this is it allows me to pull the rod mount out quickly and store it if I'm doing another kind of fishing.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

Use a piece of flat bar and drill a hole for the seat pedestal to go through. Weld the spider rig mount to the other end of the flat bar.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Flat bar works good, I made one out of pvc that slipped over the seat post that worked well also.

Post Thanks / Like

Drill the hole. Don't be scared. It only hurts for a minute

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster makes somthing called a crows foot i think and its just fer you girls that dont want to drill holes!!!
    Stick yo jig in there!

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rigs

Use 5 gal. buckets with about 3/4 full of lake water. Drill holes for your poles in the top edge of the buckets for your poles. Works like a charm, iffen you don't want to drill the floor.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one easy to build, Easy to take in and out of the boat. Works great..
    Smith
    I built mine out of a piece of flat metal 3" wide X 1/8" thick Made mine long enough where it was at the right distance from my seat. Cut a half hole. Then welded a pipe nipple on the end of that. And then drilled a hole in the side of that Weld a Nut over the hole. That way you can screw a bolt in to tighten it again the padestal riser. Then after rounding all the edges on the flat iron. I welded a 2" piece of pipe on the front of that. Then drilled a hole and welded a nut again the same as the back. Then a piece of pipe that fits inside the 2" piece. ( Also i had the black pipe in 2" So that is why I went with that 1 1/2 would work just as good.) That or 2" Sq Tubing then 1 1/2" inside that . This way you can adjust it for the height if needed.
    Then your bar across the top for the rod holders. 5/8" Cold Roll Steel works perfect for the The HI-Tec rod holders.
    Also glue Carpet to the bottom of this helps keep it in place. That or Rubber.
    Pete