Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow fishing on Beaver

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Slow fishing on Beaver

Hey J.T. been catching any fish lately. I've had next to no luck at all here lately. Little bit of luck at night but, not much. Just wondering if you have had any better luck than I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shores
    Hey J.T. been catching any fish lately. I've had next to no luck at all here lately. Little bit of luck at night but, not much. Just wondering if you have had any better luck than I have.
    I went out last tuesday and caught 22 keepers and on Wednesday only caught 15. the week before we were catching 45 plus. I'm going out tommorow with high expectations! It's the downside of the new moon and that usualy means good fishing. Our luck should change for the better this week!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

That's much better than i've been doing. How deep of water fishing & depth catching, have you been using minnows or jigs? I've been having some luck with white silver flaked marribou jigs. Not much on minnows at all. Been catching them at 8' in 25 to 30 of water.

Post Thanks / Like

I went today by myself and caught a limit... but it took 7 hours to do! It is slow shores, surely it will turn around soon.
    Almost all my fish have come out in 20' to 30' fishing 15' or so down with minnows. Try docks if all else fails. They work even on the toughest days!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice. Slow fishing is better than no fishing i suppose. Think I'll try a little night stalking Friday night. Maybe luck will improve. See ya out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing was a little better today. We landed 20 medium to large sized keepers. Hopefully that is a sign of improvement! It's still not 45 plus, but I'll take it!
    I hope all is well with the rest of you Beaver Lake anglers!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper