Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: UT man seeks crappie in Az

Post Thanks / Like

Default UT man seeks crappie in Az

I'm from St. George , UT and there's no good crappie fishing around here. I was wondering where the best crappie fishing in AZ would be. I'd be willing to drive a distance.

I lived on a lake in Nebraska with my "hidden" crappie beds that I had at my disposal at any given moment. I REALLY miss crappie fishin'.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Roosevelt Lake is the best.Bartlett is doing good right now.Where are you at.I am on here every night.Just give me a pm and I will tell,lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the sw corner of UT. About 3 hrs from Havasu and 6 hours from Yuma.

Post Thanks / Like

Utahusker:

Don't overlook Lake Powell. Crappie fishing has been on the upswing lately. Checkout Waynes Words Home Page for info on fishing Lake Powell.

Roosevelt, Bartlett, and Alamo Lakes are your best bet for Crappies in AZ. Although they have reduced Bartlett Lake to about 40% capacity to do work on the dam. Latest reports have all ramps out of the water but it's possible to launch from shore.

Larry
    Da Bears...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlll View Post
    Utahusker:

Don't overlook Lake Powell. Crappie fishing has been on the upswing lately. Checkout Waynes Words Home Page for info on fishing Lake Powell.

Larry
    I agree, it's only a couple hours away to Wahweep. Hopefully the weather will cooperate in 2 weeks when we can make it. Nov. seems to be the best month for crappie at Powell.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to get there for years.Long drive for me,but everytime something comes up with the guys and we never make it to Powell.I sold my International Scout to a guy up there,he sent some fantastic striper pictures to me.Good luck.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in flagstaff, and rosevelt and powell are the same distance for me, and yet i never make it up there, I need to, I have a freind with a 30 foot searay begging me to take it out and use it, but gas , woooow, the boat suckes it up and the cost of gas there is crazy
    Dick, Tonto Basin Az