Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: day 2 of this cold

Post Thanks / Like

Default day 2 of this cold

went back to smithville this moring to fish the docks didnt take the boat out just walked back and forth on the docks i got there around 700 and there were already 20 ppl there and all had bad reports all shorts and a few keepers so i started and yep shorts after shorts after shorts in 2 hrs i had over 60 shorts and 1 keeper and a dandy one 15.5 in and that was it for today, im stilling feeling sick so i think it may take me another day to start feeling better:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

nurse that cold if another day does not make you feel better you may have to take just one more, be well he he

Post Thanks / Like

what docks - are these open to the public? from the sounds of it (20 ppl) I'm hoping so

Post Thanks / Like

Open to public for a daily or winter fee unless your a slip holder. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Don't rush it, a week should have you back up and running:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin View Post
    what docks - are these open to the public? from the sounds of it (20 ppl) I'm hoping so
    im talking about the docks at camp branch its 4 bucks a day or 20 for a yr pass

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information on Smithville - I have thought/talked about going up for a long time, finally got up the road. One, it's only 15-20 minutes from me - so that's nice. Two, I didn't pay to go on the dock, just fished off the rocks around the dock. Three, caught several fish - so all in all, great hour or two after work! Saw lots of guys on the docks - nobody was catching too many good ones - other than a guy who caught a 9+ pound catfish on his crappie rod!

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the slip holders docks there yesterday. I started at around 11:00 and left at 2:00. Caught many shorts but managed 13 that kept. Most around 10"-11" with two just over 12" and one 13". They were pretty scattered, one here and one there. I did not catch near the total fish we had been the last couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

25$ for a winter pass

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping the cooler weather coming in stirs them up again. Did well off the docks last week. There are a couple places that ahve a little brush and you can catch some nice fish around them even when it's slow everywhere else. If the guys that fish there regularly aren't catching them though it is slow. Of course they'll tell you it's slow while they have 14 in the bucket Last week I did better mid-day. Lots of shorts then whammo! The big boys starting hitting and I had 11 keepers to finish off my limit in less than an hour. The big ones weren't really thumping it. Your line would either get heavy or slack and they were on. They did want it moving a little though. Taking the next week off and Dad and I will spend several days on the docks. He's coming in from Florida, so it will be nice to fish with him. I don't get to do that but a couple times a year these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast