Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig Heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Heads

Wondering if anyone knows of someone who makes weedless jig heads? I'm looking for some 1/16 and 1/8 oz. weedless jig heads that the weedguard actually stays put and doesn't fall out. I have zero luck with any of the store bought brands so I'd appreciate the info. or if someone knows of a brand that actually works that will work too. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You might try to send buzzmanmo a pm. He makes jig heads, but do not know if he makes weedless. I have purchased jig heads from him. Very good product, and I won't hesitate to buy more. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think Buzzy makes any weedless. I used to get some at wal-mart.....Renegade brand.....worked real well.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Everharts has weedless jigs. I don't use them so I don't know if they are any good or not.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

FROSTY YOU ARE RIGHT NO WEEDLESS JIGS HERE They are a pain to make.
    Pvasst1 where are you in swmo. I live east of carthage.

Post Thanks / Like

buzzmanmo I live just N. of Springfield

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys don't use weedless jig heads how do you not spend all your time re-tying? I have tried to use jig heads that aren't weedless and I get hung up everytime and retie more than I fish. When I'm fishing brushpiles my philosophy is if I'm not getting the weedless jigheads hung up I'm not catching fish, it's hard with them and impossible without them.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not fish weedless jigs heads and sure I get hung up but with the super line I have been using I get them back most of the time. I have only lost 6 jigs heads in the last 3 trips and I double rig so that is one time per trip I don't get them back. You might give it a try and see how it works for you everyone has a favorite so I won't go into that but you can go to Bass Pro and look at all kinds and decide which is right for you.

Post Thanks / Like

10# Power Pro and thin wire hooks is the way I do it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Slider jig heads . They have a bend in the hook so you can texas rig your grubs . They don't work as well for tubes though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast