Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Homemade rod holder #2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Homemade rod holder #2

I did as the article said. the only thng that I didn't do the first time was resize. Hope this works. Don't pay any attention to the dates on the pics, my camera set a different date everytime I remove the memory card. these were all taken 10/28 and 10/30.

Like I said in the previous post, I used a scrap 2 x 4, (1) 5/8" x 5" bolt, 2 washers, 1 nut, a spare seat pedestal and base that I already had, and 2 Atwood sure grips. I will be adding 2 more Sure Grips soon. another good thing about this is that if I decide to spider rig, all I have to do is stick the pedestal in either the front or rear base. When I'm vertical fishing, it mounts on the side as shown.

I used it last night with great results. I used to lay my rods down with the handle on the edge of my cooler and the tip hanging over the edge of the boat. It was hard to fish more than 3 rods at a time. I easily used 4 last night and could get up and walk to the back of the boat and get in my cooler.

Rod Holder

The old system

The new system (I know, my boat is a mess. Give a guy a break, I fished all night!)

the results

Last edited by smedley; 10-30-2005 at 01:43 PM.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Can't argue with success, Scott. That's a nice catch, and the pics are great. I don't see anything wrong with your poleholders. Looks like the fish liked them too!! Good job......