Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodmorning Arizona

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Goodmorning Arizona

Ok,let's hear it.Who's catching,what?And where.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha ha! I'll never tell!

Nah, I just barely started fishing for crappie. Only been out once before. I am hoping to go out this wed to Bartlett. That is where I tried last time but didn't have much success. No one I talked to that day was either. I was thinking it may have had something to do with the full moon the night before? BTW, I saw your flies you tied. Pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

They are Bartlett Lake tied jigs.Go up by the river and troll crankbaits with a jig tied about 30" up in front of the crank.When you catch one watch where and go get em.Tie about 10' of line on a bobber and a hook and let the little guy go with that hook in his dorsal fin,watch and see where he goes and go catch them,lol.Thats what I do.Go as slow as you can.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I didn't get to read it until now. I trolled with 2 jigs about 30" apart. I trolled along the yellow cliffs area mostly. Ended up catching about 8 or 9 including a 2 pounder! We didn't have any minnows so it was all jig for us. Cooked 'em up last night and I gotta say..... Best dang freshwater fish I have ever had. I was really impressed with the flavor. Gonna have to get better at fishing for them now!
    I live in SE Gilbert so Bart is about an hour and a half from me. I need a whole day off to get there and do some fishing especially since I have 6 horse motor on a 14' aluminum

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of jigs were you useing?I'm going up to Bartlett this weekend.I tied up some shad looking 1/8 oz. Going to try them out.How was the ramo,I hear that you have to launch from the sandbar right now.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

We used Kalins BB&C and JDG. Some with jumping cholla jig head and some without. They were hitting both colors when we could find them. Caught several bass on them too. The bass were small though.

The first drop off from the pavement to the sand is nasty. Hopefully someone does something about it. The sand/rocky area to launch from is pretty decent. I watched a couple of other boats launch before I did. There is a fairly soft spot at the bottom to the left a bit. If you launch a little more straight forward then it is a bit rockier and more firm. I guess it just depends on how tore up it gets too. There are a couple of bass tournaments this weekend from what I hear so be careful. I haven't got a 4x4 but I wish I did. It would be easy to get stuck.

Good luck! I wish I could be up there too!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bartlett Lake

This is what I tied for the trip this weekend.I might just go to Saguaro and try them out on bluegills and yellow bass.May be too many boats useing the sand at Bartlett this weekend.What do you think?
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bartlett Lake Jigs

Look like little shad when they are wet.
    Last edited by azslabber; 07-18-2010 at 02:44 PM.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I think that it is cool as hell that some of you guys make your own jigs. That has to be nice feeling when you make one up and then catch fish on them

I like fishing during the week when less people are around. That being said, I think you fish when you can and use what you have. No bad time to fish, just better times.
    The lake is low and with a couple of tourney happening on only one launch which is sand..... I dunno, if you have a 4x4 I wouldn't sweat it. Of course, the lake will be a bit crowded too.
    You ever fish Canyon? I have caught a few decent sized 'gills in there before. You think Saguaro has more/bigger bluegill?

Post Thanks / Like

I live right here on Country Club and McKellips and can be at Saguaro in less then half an hour.I go there a lot.Saguaro has a lot of bluegills and yellow bass.You can fish the marina and jig around the boats and catch a hundred of them in the cold winter time.I have caught a few crappie there,but,not very many.So,that tells me that they are there.We'll have to go there one of these cold winter days,I'll show you around.Until then,go find them.That's half the fun.I'm going there this weekend,not Bartlett.
    Last edited by azslabber; 11-13-2009 at 12:46 AM.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast