Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need a fish story?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need a fish story?

Ok folks I'm having to work all weekend and can't even think about going fish'n for 2 more weeks. Because of other folks I work with being off I have to work 18 nights straight. So help me out let me hear about the good and bad trips today. Please it will help the night go by much better.
    Last edited by stumpjumper; 10-29-2005 at 11:28 PM.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Stumpjumper:

Here's some pictures from my day. Hope it helps more than it hurts!

We ran into some breaking Hybrids and White Bass this morning while easing our way to our first brushpile through the fog.

The little guy caught the biggest crappie this afternoon. Six of the seven we kept were 14 to 15-inches.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks jerry, I see you're from arkansas how far is hot springs from stuggart. I'm coming up to a little place call carlise in jan. 06 to do some duck hunting. I love to crappie fish catch my share here in sc. But i was just wondering how far the lake is from that part of arkansas. If its not to far we might try to set up and trip with you if you have any openings. ( not sure of dates yet.) of our trip.

Thanks it don't ever hurt to see a smiling face with some crappies.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Stumpjumper:

Lake Hamilton is about 2-hours west of Stuttgart. My calendar is open in January so if you can work it into your schedule just let me know and we'll go yank up a few!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stumpjumper, Heres the other end of the rainbow. We fished 6 hrs. yesterday-bluebird skys,light wind,ect. .Fished wood, attractors,brush,ect. Ended up catching 8 with only 3 keepers,biggest 13". They for sure were"nt in the feed mode here -talked to several other boats who thought we were doin good??LOL!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default somewhere in the middle

Good day to be out but the bite was very "lite". Rod tip would just quiver at most. At the end of the day I cleaned 20 between 9-11" and one at 16". Fish were very tight to cover and had to hang almost to get bit. Bait is stacked in the creeks with 58 degree surface temp, but the crappie are tight on the cover. Total on the day was 30-35 crappie, 7 "green carp" ( one about 18" made a mess in the lines)a nd 4 bream. Slow trolling with minnows but had to stop on top of them to get a bite.

Just got through my three weekends in a row.

Tight lines,

Beev
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

I sat under a bridge for couple hrs today from shore. 1st time there. Had to crawl on
    knees on rip rap to get under and had just enough room to sit up without head hitting
    underside of bridge at waters edge. 1st set of pilings only ones reachable, and 2'X2'
    pilings spaced about 20" apart-really couldn't cast between them. 8 ft deep next to them on my side, 18-20' channel just on other side. Fished minnows & jigs at all depths
    under slip float, no bites. 2 likeable old guys came up by boat, fished channel just on
    other side of pilings from me. We were in easy talking distance but all I could see was
    lower part of their boat AND ALL THE NICE CRAPPIE one of them was catching. He had
    a 1/32 oz maribou and they were hitting it deep on the drop. You could tell by the talk
    both were not rookie fishermen. You know how it is- I was sitting there like a starving man watching someone eat supper but listening to the banter in the boat between what was obviously 2 close friends was funny as can be. They didn't have anything close to as small of jig but the one. I gave them my minnows when I left and when they motored over the one guy asked his buddy could he come ashore and look for some bird feathers to make a jig outta and other feller said hell no unless you're
    gonna stay and fish from shore cuz the fish are biting and I'm in a hurry.
    I'll have a boat this time next week. Guess where I'm going.
    Jeff
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Fished all day yesterday and cleaned 19 keepers, fished today until lunch and cleaned 18 keepers bite was very lite both days in fact several were on the jig when I went to jig the line. Fished Big Sandy area Saturday, and Eva area Sunday. Mike