Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what water

Post Thanks / Like

Default what water

would you [anybody]fish on the northern end of ky, lake at this time of year,main lake drops or in the creeks trolling , casting or vertical ligging, or minnows? thanks ted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted
    would you [anybody]fish on the northern end of ky, lake at this time of year,main lake drops or in the creeks trolling , casting or vertical ligging, or minnows? thanks ted

Ted,
    I haven't been out since last week but you can just about count on the fish being active. I haven't tried trolling yet this fall but the water temp. should be perfect by now. I was out Saturday a week ago and surface temp. was 68. I went back on Tuesday during the time the front came through and the water temp. had dropped to 60. I think you should be able to locate fish alot faster trolling but make sure you throw in your vertical rods. I have been having all my luck in the bays..

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply kytiteloc, i have had some luck out on the secondary drops in the lake . but for the life of me i cant find any fish in the creeks. btw when i say some luck i mean just a few.i have been using jigs fished every way possible . spent about 8 hours total today and did manage to get one good crappie, 2 drum 1 large mouth.