Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priest report

jrbriggs Guest

Default Priest report

Fished Priest today. Water temp 62 degrees. 1 keeper 121/2 inches. Hong Kong Island area. 12 ft of water on minnow that was Kentucky rigged. 1 channel cat 4 lbs and 1 LMB 1 lb. Hopefully better luck tomorrow. We talked to one boat that had three 11" fish that were all caught trolling with 3oo series with red throat Bandits. Hope this helps someone.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I went for a while yesterday and fished up around spring creek. I caught 0 keepers but i did catch a couple short fish (fiddlefarters) about a 5 pound hybrid and a bass. I caught the crappie off two of my pvc condos I put out about a month ago. First fish I've caught off them. I was catching a few before the water went down. And now its kinda in between summer and winter pool and its tough to me to find some of the things I fish and don't have gps'd. I started to troll a little but I didn't mess with it. That reminds me I still have a bucket of probably dead minnows in my boat...
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

jrbriggs Guest

I know , things are tough right now with the fall turnover and the dropping lake levels. When I go this weekend I am going to the main lake and fish some tops that I have gps'd in 14-18 ft of water. I am going to use the Kentucky Rig method with two trueturn red hooks and 1'2 oz weight.
    Thanks for the response FF.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Priest Lake Fishing

Hey I was wondering if anyone has been out on Priest lately and how their luck has been going.Also what are they hitting best on out there.Think I may give it a chance some this week if I dont head to Old Hickory for some sauger fishing.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Well was out on Priest today Wed the 15th nothing out there biting my line.All I seen was a few boats and the water as rough as the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was coming out 840 and just past the race track there was alot of fishermen out off of Fall Creek ramp fishing think I seen about 8 boats in the water there.Looked like they was hitting the beds out there.Hope they save me some for Tues.Going to Vanderbuilt Mon morning when I get off work.So I think Tues looks good for me so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Did ya get a chance to hit Percy Priest yesterday, Crappitime?
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Nah but I was wanting to bad.I ended up going with a friend to get a horse trailor and going to the chiropractor.I aint making any plans for tommorrow so maybe I can head out in the morning.Think Friday I am going to the NWTF shindig down at Opryland Hotel with my father in law.He had a slight stroke a couple weeks ago and wanting out of the house.His wife wont let me put him on a boat just yet.So I guess I will run the spider rig by myself.You been out there any?

Post Thanks / Like

Naw....I bought my boat on Saturday, and I took it out for a test drive on Sunday. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do some fishing this weekend. I thought about taking the day off tomorrow and going. The weatherman says it's gonna be in the mid 50s.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you from Thrill?What kind of boat you get?I think I am going to put in at Fall Creek boat ramp off 840.There is alot of state crappie beds there that does turn out some good crappies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast