Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lowe Stinger boats.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowe Stinger boats.....

Does anyone own or have an opinion on the Lowe Stinger series boats? A couple things that I like about the boat is the dual livewells with bait buckets and the abaility to have 2 seats up front at the same time. I've never seen one in person, only on the website. I'm looking to get a new boat in the spring and this one has caught my eye. And advice or info would greatly be appreciated!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen one in person, looks like a good boat. However I have not rode in one

Post Thanks / Like

They are great boats had one for four years until I traded for a bigger Ranger.Loved it when I had loved when I traded it.
    Take a kid fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Another good thing about the Stinger series is there is NO WOOD in the boat at all! I was looking at buying one, but I got a deal on a Tracker that I couldn't pass up! I would love to have a Lowe! If I was buying new, that is what I would buy!!!! And I did my HOMEWORK on these boats. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1996 Lowe Stringer 170 its been a good boat. Nothing in it to rot out which I like rides good to it has a 50 hp Johnson. I never had to do nothing to it yet. Except some live well pumps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Pretty good boat

I have a 2004 Lowe 180w with a 90 on it. I wish it had a little more storage but other than that it's a great boat. They have made some good modifications since I got mine. Heavy built boat. Will do about 45 with everything in it and rides good. Built like a tank. I think the newer models may be a little wider in the bow than mine but it is plenty wide for me.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replys!! I like to hear all the good comments!! Keep them coming.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default blueultra2 you have PM

See PM and I can send pics of Lowe 170W

Post Thanks / Like

You ought to check with DMW1960 who's on the Missouri board a lot. He got the Lowe Stinger 175 (? the crappie model) and then did some really neat customization. He's got some great pictures, too. Dan loves that boat and can give you some insights.

I had researched this, too, and if I ever get all my kids out of college, I think I'm going to get one.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a brand new stinger 190 with a 90 merc in 2008 and its been a great boat. I live in houston and run the bayous and it does great in the shallow waters and takes the chop of the open water. Only problem I had is the forward storeage access had a tac weld cross support that came loose running in the chop. I took it back and had them replace the tac weld with carriage bolts and problem solved. I've got tenagers and a couple of friends who have problems sitting still and the wide platform gives them a chance to move arround. Only other issue to mention is the 90 merc was a pain to break in. I was about ready to take it back and ask for a evenrude but once I made it past the 30 hr mark its been a very reliable motor that pushes the boat around really well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast