Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Trip Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Trip Suggestions

I need fishing trip suggestions from everyone.

My father and I are heading on a fishing trip in 2010. Neither of us are overwhelmingly into fishing, however we both enjoy doing it when we head up north for weekends or short vacations. That being said, neither one of us really knows where to go for the best fishing experience. Ideally, we'd like to target crappie and largemouth exclusively. These fish just don't get that big up here, and we want to go somewhere where we'd be able to both clean up in terms of quantity as well as have trophy potential.

We are definately going to do a guide, then perhaps rent a boat and do our own thing for while. Most likely a 5 day trip or so, take 3 days off from work and do it over the weekend.

Anywhere in the lower 48 is fair game.

Suggestions on lakes, resorts, guides, etc are appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Guntersville,Alabama has good crappie fishing and great bass fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Jerry Blake ACTION FISHING TRIPS HOT SPRINGS ARKANSAS AREA FISHING GUIDE He is a member here and has a great web site with testimonials.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Roosevelt Lake in Globe,Arizona.It is supposed to be one of the best bass lakes west of the Mississippi,bass and crappies have been growing since the watershed filled in 2005.All new nutrients and habitat in the lake.60# plus flatheads go up river in April and the water is a perfect temperature,as the sun,lol.After May until October is night fishing only because of the 115 degree days.Check it out.Art Chaimberlin is the crappie guide,and I am sure that he can suggest a bass guide.Heck,you and your dad can take my boat,it's an oldie but perfect,1995 Bass Tracker Pro Deep V-17.But,my clan has lots of boats,pretty much anything.I am the only crappie guy of the bunch.lol.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Heck,I catch slot bass up there,15 1/2 inches while crappie fishing that go 3 lbs.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Trip

Joh Woods has just won his 4th national crappie title at the USA Crappie tournament in Ms.
    He is the man for lots of BIG Mississippi slab crappie, check out his web site.

www.johnwoodguideservice.com

Good luck with your trip............crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Cant go wrong with Jerry Blake in Arkansas or one of the better Mississippi crappie guides. Im partial to Reelfoot of course and it has nice crappie and big numbers. Good bass fishing too. Trophy sized crappie you do have a better shot at them in Mississippi.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Terry Whaley, a member of C.C, is also a top notch guide on Lake Weiss in Centre, AL. Had a very good trip with him, and he grew up on the lake since before it was a lake. Bass and Crappie are no problem. You can locate him on the AL board or PM him direct. This is not meant to take away from Jerry blake or any others, as their reputations are also tops. I've just had personal experience with Terry and wanted to give you options. Several hotels and good eats are close by.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishin' trip

TGannon,
    Check out this site; Fishng Michigan's Upper Peninsula Lakes Guide & Michigan UP Fishing Information. When I was stationed at K.I. Sawyer AFB in 1975-80, I fished this lake. Caught a lot of pike and crappie. It has islands and coves that you will never see all of in a week. The site has links to guides. This is really good country.
    By the way, I was born in Waukesha in 1941.
    Matthew 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know Jerry Blake but I grew up around Hot Springs and I am sure Jerry has plenty of great fishing spots for the big'uns.

You can't go wrong with Roosevelt Lake in Arizona, either. azslabber has that correctly covered already.

And last but not least, Gary Gorbet, alias Oregon slabman, a member of this board, can give you more fish than you want with top service but chances of trophy fish are not as good. Oregon has no limit on crappie. Most fish that I catch are in the 10 - 11 inch class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast