Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle 754 VS

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle 754 VS

Does anyone have a War Eagle 754 VS? It is their 17'+ stick steer. Looked at one yesterday and it sure looks like a fishing machine.
    Model: VS: War Eagle Boats

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Did not have the stick steer. But had the same hull but in a Tiller Boat. Wish I still had it. Great hull just right size. It rode better then the 2072-LDSV war-eagle I had at the same time.
    Pete

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a "cozy" boat.Too narrow for me.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Looks like a "cozy" boat.Too narrow for me.
    You must not have ever fished from a stick steer boat.The one I fish from now has a 42" bottom and a 60" beam. This one has a 54" bottom and a 72" beam. The Tracker Panfish has a 48" bottom and a 70" beam. The tracker also has the livewell in the middle between the seats so it's hard to get to the back seat.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great rig to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of this model. The livewell on the side is better placed. I have several friends who have the livewell in the middle and it works okay but I think having it on the side might work better. Some of the livewells I have seen in sticksteer boats (not War Eagles) don't work very well for some reason and some friends have plugged them off and just put an ice chest in the boat with ice to keep the fish. I prefer a good livewell. I currently fish out of a 17.5 ft bass tracker with the elevated seats and console. It trolls good but it's now as easy to shoot docks out of. Sometime in the future I plan on getting a sticksteer similar to this one. It's a little easier on the body when you get some age on you. I would be interested in everyones comments.
    Last edited by Papa Dawg; 11-06-2009 at 10:53 AM.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No,I have never even seen a stick steer boat.But the space in the middle with all the side compartments,makes the space in the center very small,if you are not sitting down in a seat looks to be pretty cramped for me to be going from here to here,and rod to rod.That's all I meant.Any boat is great for someone.I have a Bass Tracker Pro Deep V-17 and have ample room for anything that I want to do,that is all I was getting at.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone I know with a sticksteer set up their rods to be able to reach them without getting up (within arms length). So moving around is not necessary. I went with a friend of mine tuesday and setting in the back I moved around some and it did not cause any prolbem. A lot of people in my area use the sticksteer. It's sets lower in the water, no climbing up and down and when you want to move you do not have to get up. It's a good set up. But it all depends on each person and how they want to fish.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    Does anyone have a War Eagle 754 VS? It is their 17'+ stick steer. Looked at one yesterday and it sure looks like a fishing machine.
    Model: VS: War Eagle Boats
    I have been looking at that model for a few months now. I am kinda thinking about down sizeing a little to one of those. I have a G3 Eagle 185 right now with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke...it is a great boat...I bought it new 4 years ago but this year I just don't feel as good up on the raised platforms as I used to. I think the War Eagle 754VS with a 50 horse four stroke on it would suit me just fine.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Slick ...

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    You must not have ever fished from a stick steer boat.The one I fish from now has a 42" bottom and a 60" beam. This one has a 54" bottom and a 72" beam. The Tracker Panfish has a 48" bottom and a 70" beam. The tracker also has the livewell in the middle between the seats so it's hard to get to the back seat.
    I looked at the link pic, too ... and like azslabber, it does look "cozy narrow". Not so much the bottom/beam widths, as the interior floor width. It appears as though it might be a tight squeeze (for the legs/feet) if one were to try and fish out the side of the boat (as opposed to fishing straight out the front/bow).

This ad pic demonstrates my point :

Notice that neither person is fishing straight out the side of the boat ... but, the male angler is sitting caddycorner on the seat and slightly twisted to his left, with his left leg angled under the seat --- the female angler is sitting straight in her seat, but the seat is at less than a 45deg slant, and her left leg appears to be angled towards the rear of the boat (possibly to allow for foot room ??).

Granted, this opinion is coming from a person that's always fished from a boat with raised decks ... and is over 6' tall ... so my opinion/observations may be a little skewed. :p (and I'm not meaning to diss your choice of boats )
    But, other than that particular con ... it does look like a nice little rig.

... cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast