Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryants and Slabuster Tournament Response

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bryants and Slabuster Tournament Response

Hey guys, thanks to all who have posted on the previous threads concerning the tournament held this Sat. Our original intention was to allow everyone an oppportunity to fish was the main reason to allow dock fishing. We have a handful of anglers who do not own a boat, and are loyal customers, and we felt we needed to give them an opportunity to fish. In no way are we encouraging fishing from docks without permission. As we grow in the crappie tournament business, we will listen to all who give feedback, and listen with broad shoulders. We are excited to release some exciting news pretty soon for everyone to be excited about in the world of crappie fishing. For you hard core anglers who scrutinize this tournament, I would like to say thank you, as I want to improve our tournament for everyone to enjoy. I also want to point out as well that if and angler can take 10 dominate fish from a dock and beat a guy in a boat, he is really doing something and deserves a pat on the back.
    This tournament on Sat. does not incourage "dock walking", and we make a point to clarify that with every entrant. We hope to see all of you on Sat. and thanks again for all the suport and feedback.
    James Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

welcome crappiejb,,and clarification of the facts is always good,hope u have a great turnout,thanks
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Is that this Saturday? Do you have the information on that - and can I enter as an individual, or is it partners? I am a dock fisherman - would like to think I might be able to compete Can I register Friday evening - or is that too late?
    Last edited by wannagofishin; 11-04-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

James, I'm enterd, how many others are entered?

Post Thanks / Like

Default update

you can register up until 6:00 pm Friday night at the shop, forms are available at slabbuster.com. As of 11:00 today we have approx 20 teams.
    The first year we had 38, 2nd year 39 teams. With the weather, we are receiving several phone calls, so we feel are numbers will be the same or a little better. We are also doing the "Guido" challenge again this year where if you outweigh Guido Hibdon, you enter a drawing for some great prizes! But if Guido wins, you're all out of luck....which he hasn't won the last two years.
    Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejb View Post
    you can register up until 6:00 pm Friday night at the shop, forms are available at slabbuster.com. As of 11:00 today we have approx 20 teams.
    The first year we had 38, 2nd year 39 teams. With the weather, we are receiving several phone calls, so we feel are numbers will be the same or a little better. We are also doing the "Guido" challenge again this year where if you outweigh Guido Hibdon, you enter a drawing for some great prizes! But if Guido wins, you're all out of luck....which he hasn't won the last two years.
    Thanks guys!
    I'm hoping that is Guido's fish and not Guido himself. :D

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hilarious...

We all had a good laugh on that one!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I won't be able to make it. I'm hoping to make it next year. Tell Slab Buster Jack I said hello. Good luck with your tourney. Hope you have great weather and a great turn out.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your tourney. Sounds like a fun time for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I can compete with the big boy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast