Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KY 4 lber

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY 4 lber

When I heard about this fish this spring I promised I would get a picture of it. Finally got around to doing it. I know the fellow that caught this fish this spring. I think the CO weighed it at like 4 8 oz or something like that. He ended up releasing it but it died and some folks found it a couple days later. Its a shame cause its a huge fish for KY. Dont be feeling froggy about fishing this lake cause its full of dinks, but somewhere along the way this fish grew up. It was Carnico if you are wondering. This was the best picture I could get. It was a poloroid I took a picture of with my digital camera today while I was out around those parts deer scouting. The picture came out pretty good. I put it up on the KY board earlier today but figured this fish was worthy of a few looks. I have another pic of it but it ended up blurry. Enjoy.

Slabber
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ekySlabber; 11-04-2009 at 07:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a monster crappie for any lake
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice crappie....that sure would have looked good on the wall.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

What a fish. Was it mounted?
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

The little crappie on the stringer isnt a bad one, but the big one looks like it just might eat that kids torso if it wanted. I think its either a big black crappie or a mix or hybrid white/black. You can tell better by looking at the picture in person but its definitely not a white crappie because no defined vertical bars or black dot on its gillplate. I also dont think its all black crappie because the fish doesnt have the random specks black crappie do, its like a faint white crappie pattern. Either way its a nice one, wish it was on a wall so we could definitely tell.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one big slab. congrats.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinkin' that's why 6# test might be a good idea.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

nice if it is real
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

No jaw flabbin' here dedawg. As I said, these were taken with my digital camera TODAY of the polaroids the man has at the ramp building stuck in the window where you pay. Thats why they look blurry, Im holding my jacket over my head and the window to keep the glare down while I took pictures. I bet I took 20 pics to get those two to come out as good as they did. There REAL pics are there in the window as we speak. I fish this lake a LOT, this fellow runs the ramp that caught it. This pic is of him with the fish by itself. KyCreekBoy can vouch for me, its real. This is a terrible picture but the same fish. The fella showed people and CO the fish all day, threw it back (ridiculous I know) and it floated up couple days later and a couple fishin found it again decomposed a lil. I was there fishing a couple days prior to that this spring and remember him being excited and showing me the pics cuz he knew I was a crappie guy. I couldnt believe it, he said he caught it on a chart grub tipped w/ a wax worm. Now whether he shocked it or dynamited it or caught it or what he has caught his fair share of nice crappie in his day, I got the pics showing him(still alive chargin' ramp fees) holding it in different poses and other fish through the years. I mentioned it on the KY board this spring but you know how a 4 + lber is without pics.:rolleyes: Here ya go, and this is a grown BIG man(the guy who caught it) holding it with the tail flapped in toward him making it look smaller than the first pic, the other fish you can barely see behind it in this one. First pic is a much better pic of the fish and you can use the other keeper crappie as a reference, plus looks like the fish was fresher or the sun was shining at that point. Here is an even Blurrier shot of same pic so you KNOW it was me taking pics. I guess that fella could have photo-shopped his polariods, but he not the computer savvy type so Id say that isnt so If ya wanted to dispute size, I dont think they make hats like that kid is wearing in KID sizes, so think about that crappie in relation to that grown-up size hat that kid is wearin......

Please no haters, dont make me take my ball and go home...I hope ya dont believe me...actually yall might be crowdin my spot to catch 4 lbers....... LOL.....:D

NO BS
    Slabber
    Last edited by ekySlabber; 11-04-2009 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

WOw that is a moster crappie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast