Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acrtic Armor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acrtic Armor

Is Arctic Armor the best cold weather clothing

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know too. Been looking at it on the net. Sure sounds good. I see Ice Armor is on sale at Cabelas. But I like the floatation aspect of the Arctic for cold weather fishing here in VA.

I wish I knew some people who own it. Like to know if you can move in it. Then the hard part for me is I'm short and fat. Everything is too long for me. And if it fits in the waist, the legs will be a foot too long. I would need the pants custom hemmed.

Looking forward to some feed back.

Dayton

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Monti, Google Arctic Armor Forum and look at thru the results. Seems many many people are happy with them, from 2007 up to today. Concensus is they are warm and light weight. And the flotation thing is there for emergencies.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

last year i was asking the same question, all i can suggest is read, theres plenty of articles on it.

I was buying mine for ice fishing and realized if i bought it i would be using it for spring and fall fishing trips, i ended up buying it and I'm totally happy, would i recommend it to a friend- yes

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the IDI Arctic Armor in January this year and wore it out on the ice about a dozen times. I am very happy with it. It's fairly light weight and kept me warm with sensible layering underneath. Waterproof and breathable. I'm 5'9" and 170 and their sizing chart indicated I needed a medium. The bibs are fine, but the jacket was slightly tight when crossing my arms, so I exchanged the jacket for a Large. It is a bit too big, but more comfortable than the tight medium.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm a very satisfied customer.

-Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the IDI suit. I have used it for the last two seasons. I didn't have to use the floating aspect of the suit(yet) but, it was comforting to know it was available if needed. The suit did keep me warm most of the time, on super cold days I would need to add another layer under the jacket but, typically I would only wear a Tshirt and sweatshirt under the jacket. another aspect of the suit is it is very light I believe it only weighs 6lbs.
    I also have the Ice Armor suits both the blue and grey. All 3 suits have there place so it boils down to what you want but, hopefully I was able to answer any questions you may have had about the IDI suit.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the blue Ice Armor this will be my 3rd year in CNY with it and would not go out without it. Any one you get will do the job...

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I just received my order of two Jason Mitchell SB rods and can't wait to use them. The quality seems very good and the feel/balance is awesome. I put Tica Cetus GV500's on 'em.

-Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can tell you is your going to love what you have. You might want to let your significant other know that you will be awhile when you get on the water. Your not going to want to set the rod down.:D
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the reason I ordered two of 'em is she fishes with me most of the time, and I've learned that anytime I buy something new related to fishing, I had better buy two of 'em or I'm in trouble.

Thanks,
    -Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast