Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Use A Mac To View Si Recordings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How To Use A Mac To View Si Recordings?

Is anybody using a Mac computer to playback SI recordings? I have been on different sites and I still haven't found a way to do this. It sucks to have this technology and unable to use it the way you want. Please share what you do in simple detail. This dummy needs help!

Thanks;

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Having the same issue. Can't even do the updates with my mac. From what I've found humminbird is pc only.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but you may have to use bootcamp on your mac to run a windows version. Not sure what mac your running but all newer macs will run windows. try and get hold of a windows xp. when your done viewing go mac to running the mac os

Post Thanks / Like

That's the only problem. I'm running snow leopard. I hate windows and I'm sure as heck not tainting my mac with any microsoft software. I'll just use my pc and for my si and keep my fingers crossed they come out with mac programs for the si

Post Thanks / Like

I feel ya.lol no way am I running windows on mine but I know some that do it. I would just buy a CHEAP pc and use it for the Si

Post Thanks / Like

I have xp installed and tried to view through humviewer, a window comes up asking which window program to use or something like that and none have worked. But, I don't know squat about this stuff on the computer. Just a dummy trying to learn. lol

Post Thanks / Like

look for linux software that will display/play the SI content. The recent MAC OS is just a modified version of free BSD or one of the other variants of Linux. Regardless linux compatible software will run on MAC.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pomoxis View Post
    look for linux software that will display/play the SI content. The recent MAC OS is just a modified version of free BSD or one of the other variants of Linux. Regardless linux compatible software will run on MAC.
    Where can I find the linux software at?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Just look here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmanx2 View Post
    Where can I find the linux software at?
    .... linux software - Google Search

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a cheap PC. Mac is ONLY good for graphic editing programs, useless for everything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast