Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: watchin your bobber

Post Thanks / Like

Default watchin your bobber

so, my thing has always been, bobber goes under, fish. what im seein is it might be different with crappie. are you guys sayin if the bobber bumbs, yank? this might be my problem.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe wait untill it comes up:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish can come up with the bait or go sideways with it. They don't always make the bobber go down. It may even twitch just a little. If it does anything besides just sit there, set the hook.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you just flat out have to wait!!! Fish tend to like to swim off with the tail end of the minnow in their mouth, then they'll stop and turn it head first. Lesson sometimes let them take it. But this isnt' an exact science, one must have a feel for it!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

When I use bobbers, I like the stick kind. if the fish comes up with the bait, the bobber will lay sideways in the water. Set the hook.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    Fish can come up with the bait or go sideways with it. They don't always make the bobber go down. It may even twitch just a little. If it does anything besides just sit there, set the hook.
    in other words, you are fishing now: catch the fishy:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished with a slip bobber for years. If'n you are crappie fishin and are waiting for the cork to go under, your gonna miss lot of crappie. Crappie eyes are toward the top of their head, hence they feed upwards.

I try to use a slender slip cork and use just enuf weight to keep the cork vertical. When that crappie even breaths on that bait the bobber will usually tilt or go horizontal. SET THE HOOK & catch supper!

Now I also like a bobber that has multiple color bands like the thill balsa. Sometimes when that crappie takes the bait the bobber will just go down a 1/4 to 1/2inch and stay there. SET THE HOOK & catch lunch! The different color bands help you to see this slight dip of the bobber.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidP View Post
    I have fished with a slip bobber for years. If'n you are crappie fishin and are waiting for the cork to go under, your gonna miss lot of crappie. Crappie eyes are toward the top of their head, hence they feed upwards.

I try to use a slender slip cork and use just enuf weight to keep the cork vertical. When that crappie even breaths on that bait the bobber will usually tilt or go horizontal. SET THE HOOK & catch supper!

Now I also like a bobber that has multiple color bands like the thill balsa. Sometimes when that crappie takes the bait the bobber will just go down a 1/4 to 1/2inch and stay there. SET THE HOOK & catch lunch! The different color bands help you to see this slight dip of the bobber.
    Your absolutely right Dave....if I see any movement or any change with my bobber...I set the hook.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

My friend, that's why it's called fishing and not catching. Sometimes you just gotta let the fish tell you how they want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappies have a very soft mouth so don't jerk to set the hook, just a quick tug will do.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast