Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watts Bar--10-24,25 & 26

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watts Bar--10-24,25 & 26

Blackie, Craig(Blackie's son) & I went to Watts Bar & stayed with "Killer" Palmer. The weather wasn't the best but we had 3 great fishing days..We cleaned 167 fish and Killer was a perfect host again. Thanks to Killer,if it wasn't for him we couldn't make all these trips to WB.

I will make an attempt to post some pictures and put faces with the names.

Me & Craig:

Blackie & Craig:

Blackie, Craig & Killer:
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Where exactly is Watts Bar? I think I need to hook up with killer sometime and let him put me on some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know something. Is killer catching all those fish around the deathstars or bamboo buckets? What kind of structure were you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had a great time.
    Pictures would be better without all those ugly guys though. LOL
    (You know I'm just kiddin don't you?)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Killer has money in hand to pay off his bet with you Don, LOL. Glad you guys had such a good time and your right, Killer is a great host. Now if he would only learn how to cook.HEHE

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy, tell me where to catch some fish on Normandy. I caught some very nice fish, but caught them mainly in one area. We should have fished that tournament, I believe we would have placed. The day after, I guesstimate I had between 15 and 20 pounds. Caught some really good fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeker, seems to me if your catching that kind of weight, you sure don't need my help. Last I heard you were working every weekend. If you can weigh in a bunch of two plus pounders, you sure don't need my help. Take care Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy, I was on vacation this weekend. It was Tennessee, Alabama weekend. I wanted to fish the tournament Sunday, but had to go pick my daughter up in Alabama anyway so I thought I would go to the flea market where I use to get my jig heads real cheap. I think the guy must not be in business anymore. He hasnt been there the last two times I've been. I use to buy 100 jig heads for about 3 bucks. He charged 4 dollars a hundred, but I'd buy several packs and got them for about 3 bucks. Price them at Wal-Mart and they would cost you about 17 dollars. I think they are like a little over a dollar and a half just for 10. I was gonna buy him out, but his shop was closed up. Speaking about needing your help. I have caught almost all my fish in one spot. I got there early enough to beat others to the hole. I wont always get that spot and the fish wont always be there. I caught a few good ones around some lay downs, but very few and far between. I dont trust my depth finder because it has never really showed anything that resembled fish around any structure I saw on it. I dont know where any other good fish holding structure is. One spot is not gonna produce that well all the time. I need some back up. Have you ever fished those stick ups. I tried fishing them but they are hard to fish without hanging up. I didnt catch a fish around them. The spot I'm talking about usually holds anywhere from 5 to 25 fish, but once you catch them, it takes about a day for some more to move back in there, I think people keep them caught out of there though. My neighbor told me if he could catch crappie that big, he would rather catch them as bass. I would rather catch them no matter what the size. I had 17 good fish on Tims last week but they were not as big as the fish I caught on Normandy. Where did you place your fish attractors at? I bet I could get me some fish from there, cause they dont want your minnows. Just kidding. Hey I did catch some on minnows before daylight. Well me and my old boss are gonna go one day next week, I'll let you know how we do. Take care

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmmmmmm...

Damn old men can catch fish...Can't we...Ha...Good mess guys...I wish I could have beeen there..My time is a commin....

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, we did catchum this time and had a great time....

Fatboy, Blackie & Craig did all the cooking,thank goodness, I just can't eat Killer's Yankee cooking...LOL...

Crappieseeker, Watts Bar is SW of Knoxville and can be reached via I-75S or Hwy 27S off I-40 .....Hope this helps....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast