Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going fishing and got a deer.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Going fishing and got a deer.

Wednesday morning on the way to meet Slabby Joe to go fishing, I collected a eight point buck with my truck. So after getting estimates the cost will be around $5000. Do have collision insurance, I had been thinking of dropping the collision glad I still have it. If a back seat of your boat needs to filled let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that Ron. Hope you are ok and you get back on the water soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya that stinks.Did you get a road kill tag so you can dine on venison all winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Could of had the deer, but as hard as I hit him, there is better meat in my fields.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ron...if you venture out this way...back seat is open. Wilson Walleyes are about ready to start biting.
    I've been eating a lot of venison the past month...clearing out last year's deer and now starting on this years. Chatt told me that if I eat too much venison...I may start rutting. I told him that lately, that when I smell some perfumes, I get a warm feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

ron i am going to try to hit hd the first of the week if you want pm me you are definately welcome

Post Thanks / Like

hey ksfish...when you going to hit wilson...haven't fished there for walleye yet.
    I want to put a few more trips on my new boat before winter..was wondering
    if I could tag along and learn a little about Wilson.

tom.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're ok. Aim for a doe next time, and let those little bucks grow up.:p:p:p

I heard they are opening up one of the parks in KC to a special 4-day bow hunting season. Apparently 40 bow tags are being sold. I hope that goes well. I bet those deer are plump and tasty.:D
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

18holer...Waiting for the right day to hit Wilson...wind is always a problem out there this time of year because Oklahoma sucks and Nebraska blows and vice versa. Lot of the guys that fish fall and winter Walleyes look at the opening day of Pheasant season as the time when the Walleye fishing gets good. The pattern is to fish the river chan breaks. Works in the upper end where breaks go from 20 to 30 ft and lower end where it goes from 40 to 60.
    White or Chartreuse slab spoons. 4 inch plastics like zoom super fluke jrs and large 2 1/2 inch tubes also work. Use 1/4 ounce heads or 3/8 depending on the depths. Fish string along the chan breaks so don't dally too long in one place just keep moving along the break.
    Having the Wilson contour map on a Lowrance gps is big help.
    When it gets good...will post on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ksfish...thanks for the info...I have this wed off so thinking seriously about heading over there for the day. I have Jack Bker's kns maps , I hope he has wilson on them ...they sure are good for the ones I have been or...Milford, Lovewell, Glen Elder..
    I will have three empty seats if anyone wants to try wilson wed....
    Tom.