Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Monroe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Monroe

anyone fish Monroe lately?? going out there tomorrow, reports have been good (bridge pilings, deep water), but just wondering if anyone has fished it lately.

Post Thanks / Like

fished Monroe today ... caught 2 keepers (11") and several throwbacks .... slow day

Jay Guest

So where is Lake Monroe at? New to the area, need some spots, or general Directions to some decent lakes, would be willing to trade some time in the Gulf for time on some decent Fresh Water lakes...

Post Thanks / Like

Monroe is around 30 miles SE Daytona right off Interstate I 4. Big O is 50-60 miles east of FT Myers sr80 (Lake Okeechobee). I do not live in Fl. but there are a lot of good places to fish. Get a state map and a freshwater fishing guide at at Walmart or sporting goods store. Check Fl. Fish and Wildlife Dept. Welcome to the board someone will know more than me. Post on the main board too. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Alright Paul !
    Tx's for that info. I didn't even get a bite last year till Dec.
    Perhaps they'll be early this year. I pretty much fish lake Harney exlusively, do have a nice little honey hole down Maytown rd. Went there a couple weeks ago and NADA.
    I probably won't do any crappy fishing till Nov 26th (when I get back from Vacation in Tenn and Ky).
    Jay, Lake Monroe is on the north side of Sanford (north of Orlando).
    You are pretty far south of us, not familiar with crappie fishing down there. Up here they are just starting to turn on (school up). The cool weather causes them to begin the bite, other times, I can't even find one.
    I've found that Dec, Jan & Feb are the best months for me up here, you might be a month behind depending on when your local water cools down and triggers the bite.
    I'm certainly not an expert on crappy bite, but, the more I hang around this board (Crappie.com) the wiser I'm getting.
    Welcome and let us know how your bite goes, just get yourself some jigs/minnows and a local map (ask at fresh water bait shops for some spots) and head out. Lots of times I wind up going out by myself, is a pain getting out there but once there is heaven again, plus, I get to keep all the fish.
    Danny
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

hey Phantom, have you fished Harney yet this year? was checking around and seems Harney is turning on as well. Was thinking about heading out there sometime next week. I too am new to Crappie.com and also becoming wiser. these forums are great

Post Thanks / Like

Default Orange

I hear that Orange lake is doing really good at this time.
    Any one been fishing it lately?
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    I hear that Orange lake is doing really good at this time.
    Any one been fishing it lately?
    Joe
    Bnwbassman fishes Orange Lake alot I believe ... haven't seen him post lately but I was thinking about heading up there as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigPaul
    hey Phantom, have you fished Harney yet this year? was checking around and seems Harney is turning on as well. Was thinking about heading out there sometime next week. I too am new to Crappie.com and also becoming wiser. these forums are great
    Paul;
    Haven't done Harney yet, leaving on two week vacation next Friday, can only fish weekends, generally Saturdays, and, tomorrow (Sat) have my son scheduled for a Redfish fishing trip.
    Will be back from vacation Nov 18th, will have to recooperate then will probably be doing Harney the 26th.
    Was at the bait shop the other day and the owner told me a fellow dropped in and said he had caught three or four crappie on Harney that morning. So, yeah, is fixin to start happening.
    Last year, for me, was slow, sure hope I do better this year.
    Have a nice day,
    Danny
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Danny,

good luck on the redfish trip and dont forget to take pictures!!! maybe I'll see ya on Harney in a few weeks

paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast