Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie nibblers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie nibblers

Has anyone ever used these? If so, how did they do? I'm trying to learn new methods of fishing...normally I just used minnows; however, I'm getting the hang of using jigs. I caught a 10 1/2" Monday night under the Rawsonville Road bridge in Belleville MI...I think it's the Huron River running through Ford and Belleville lakes. I'm getting hooked on trying to get away from live bait; however, I'm also on the market of trying something new.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2"Grubs

The only thing I use in the Michigan Lakes are Kalin's 2" triple threat grubs in colors of black and silver plus the acid rain seems to be the best color this year. I also have some of the tassle tail grubs by Culprit Lures I have not tried yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go out this weekend and try some of the jigs I made...done them with deer tail hair. I'm also going to go to the store and look for some of those grubs and give them a try. A friend of mine also told me to try the bass assassin (it's about 2" long and shaped like a fathead minnow w/a skinny short tail). He said he's caught some good sized crappie using them. I'll send a post of how the outcome will be. Who knows, I might be able to get some walleye if I go out early enough.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best thing since sliced bread

CS; I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I personally never leave home without crappie nibbles. I have all the colors, but chart works the best here. Take them and put some out in the sun inside the lid (they temporarily stain carpet in a boat) while you're fishing and they will harden enough to stay on your jig hook. In the winter you can keep the jar in your icechest and keep them cold and they'll stay on pretty good like that also. The fish don't bite them everytime, but I've noticed that if they just will not bite a jig, then when I put on a nibble, alot of the time they will start biteing. Sometimes they won't hit a jig at all without one on. Have gone from going home possibly mt handed to bringing home at least 20 using them at times. As far the bass assasins, I have every color but one(I ran out) and will always try them. Crappie here hit them hard and sometimes when they won't hit nothing else. Now all of this is on Louisiana waters, but crappie are crappie!! Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I did get a chance to go out this weekend; however, with the passing of a family member I was unable to stay out long. I didn't get to the store to purchase any of the said items listed and I will give crappie nibbles a try. I did manage to catch 3 10" and got some nice fillets off of them...I was only out for about 30 minutes, so I can only imagine what it could have been like if it was a normal day. I might go out again, once everything is taken care of. Just keep my family in your prayers, this is the 2nd family member to pass away in the last 2 weeks, so it's quite difficult.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry

Corey; I just got back and checked this thread and want to say I'm sorry and that I hope you and your family are able to get matters straight and be able to start healing. After everything gets lined out, you need to get off by yourself and do a little fishing, maybe it'll help you cope and calm down.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Well I checked this too late but I'll put in my two cents anyhow. I use crappie nibbles all the time. I've heard of cases where they won't get the fish bitting but have never heard of fish not bitting because of them. In other words scent is never a bad thing, it could only better your chances. I was born and raised in Cedar Springs Michigan and still call it home so I try to check this now and then, it's just dead most of the time. I hope all gets better with your family and you'll be in my prayers.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

dsinning Guest

i use a nail tail 1/32 oz. jig mostly white have real good luck in the spring and fall with them. summer time i switch,

Hobo Guest

I've never used the crappie nibbles but I do use small 5mm glass rattles on my jigs. Glue them on with crazy glue to the hook shank or insert them into a tube and glue shut with a glue that works with soft plastic. The sound has been related to shad or minnows feeding and draws the big fish to feed on them. I fish a lot of jigs with tubes and twister tails and know you must have many colors to be successful.

Post Thanks / Like

THe nibbles work great. I never fish without them. You will catch more, the bite will be harder with the fish holding on longer too. Most people I know use tube jigs and the Bait pump to inject em into the jigs. You can fish for hours and keep your boat a lot cleaner too. Seeya, Don
    http://www.thebaitpump.com/