Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish with anyone any place who would it be

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish with anyone any place who would it be

My number 1 pick would be my dad. in a 1981 Bass Tracker with a 50 merc in the Atchafalaya Spillway in the crappie canal or maybe the under the Interstate catching Black Crappie with a Spillway Sportsman ham poboy or maybe a cold, cloudy mid Nov. day in the marsh at Golden Meadow catching red fish and specks in the sulfur mine or the dog leg canal. I reckon I'm lucky my favorite fishing partner is my dad and I know we still have a bunch of great trips left :D

My number 2 would be my PawPaw Chick at the pond ,catching catfish and bream with catalpa worms on cane poles. While he sets on an ole Snapper Comet lawn mower whistling some imaginary song.
    I look at how great future trips will be but the best ones are always the past. Numbers caught will never replace the people and settings and the small details ,at lest for me.
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Good post, Terry. I'm gonna have to think on this one for a bit. I know "who". Just don't know the "what" and "where" just yet.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great post Terry, thanks for sharing it. For me, It would be any of the CDC members I have met, or yet to meet. I have fished for many years, but never really KNEW how to fish for crappie. Every time I have posted a question, or asked in person, I have always received valuable info and "how to's" from the folks on here. In addition they are very funny, and the humor on the site breaks up the day. Thanks CDC!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dad

My Dad at Smithville in "Rock Creek". My Dad and I are tight and fish together pretty often. I remember my first trip or part of it with him. I remember pushing the button on one of his 4500's whlie running down the lake. Now days its a little different. My 9&6 year old go with me in our boat and meet him at the lake in his boat. He always brings his dog. Dad brings snacks for the kids and dog. We talk,tell stories and fish. When its gets late or the kids want to go we take off and Dad and the dog stay and fish. I know the day will come dad cant do it any more so each trip is just one more memory for the books.
    Scott Platte City Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

I would say Charlie Rodgers or Richard Bowlings at tuman lake.

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad, again, we lost him in 2001. We fished together till he was in his mid 80's. Not looking for sympathy, just saying he was my most memorable and most missed fishing buddy. He loved Truman, we just didn't get to fish it much at the time. He called vertical fishing "doddle socking". My other #1 would be my son who lives in Ohio and we don't get to go often. He's a quick learn with rod and reel in hand and adapts to anything I throw at him. Hopefully we'll do it more one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

great post terry do it whenever you can those ole dads aren't around forever

Post Thanks / Like

that lead singer lady for sugarland, aint trying to be funny, just like her singing, and I think she would have a good time with me

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a good time with you Beagle. Tough question. Besides family I think I would like a trip with Capps and Coleman on Grenada.

Post Thanks / Like

Default #1

My wife Mrs JJ. She is my best friend & can flat fish. At Truman either up the Grand or a little creek on the Little Pome we have always had luck in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast