Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOP crappie like high winds

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOP crappie like high winds

Went to Lake of the PInes for a Saturday night camp out and fished Sunday from 8 to 12 ending up with 22 Crappie, 5 bass, three nice cats and broke off two 3.5-4 pound bass. We drifted with a very small anchor on 50 feet of line in 20-24 feet fishing 14-16 feet deep. This slowed us down enough to cover about 100 yards an hour. Seeya, Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day of fishing Percher. Glad to hear its starting back up out there. I got a couple a drift socks this year so maybe I will head out there and see if the winds treat me right. Will let you guys know if I make it out. This time of years it’s all too many lakes and too few weekends...

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

That s the story I should have been there yesterday. were ya any where near Ally creek area out from mouth of creek? thats where we catch cats sometime, water is low I not been in three weeks, I need to go soon. ya'll did great./ If I go thursday and skip fri that makes it yesterday don't it?

Post Thanks / Like

We fished several points by Johnson creek, Huricane, but caught most in the cove where Big Cypress marina is. We saw a lot of fish on the humminbird while motoring around the area and just decided to give em a try out in the middle of the cove drifting. My wife has me remodeling the kitchen but I hope to get back over there at least half a day this weekend. Or maybe I should go to Black lake????????
    I made ten Crappie condos and put three in LOP and the rest are headed for Cross lake one night this week. I caught two 12 inchers on the things after they had been out for 9 hours on LOP Sunday. If you decide to head over there Email me direct. Seeya, Don

captain booyah Guest

hello everyone--glad to be a new member. looking forward to sharing fishing experiences and catches.most of my fishing is here on lake proctor texas. waiting for water to cool off , and praying for rain. lake is 5 ft low. main catches now are out on the lake on rocky shelves catching crappie on the move. best bites are on small roadrunners tipped with pearl bassassasins dragging slow and close to bottom.

captain booyah