Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Duck Hunter's Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck Hunter's Help

Been out of it for a couple years....if there is such a thing, what would be a good big water ECONOMICAL duck call? Got some decent sounding calls for upclose and personal, but looking for something I can reach across the water and atleast get their attention....what about a goose call?

Post Thanks / Like

for a cheaper call like and have had good luck with the calls made by Echo.

Post Thanks / Like

haydel double reed dr-88 cajun sqeal

Post Thanks / Like

Echo makes some awesome calls. I have an Echo Timber. However, they make some unbelievably loud, open-water calls called XLT. Here's a link to Echo Echo Calls - XLT Duck Calls

I also use RnT calls. My favorite call in the world is the RnT Short Barrel. It is my go-to call. It is soft in the timber and will also holler over open water. If I had to pick one call to use for all situations, it would be my Short Barrel. Here's a link to RnT Duck Calls Products - RNT Calls

Even though my RnT is my favorite call of all, the Echo XLT is - in my opinion and experience - the loudest and most versatile duck call on the market. Just my opinion though.

I can't help you with the goose calls. I am only a duck hunter. Only goose I ever killed was pure luck and just being at the right place at the right time :D.

Good luck in your picking. Let us know what you get.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Have actually been considering another Duck Commander call....cant remember the model. I used to have one. Sounded decent, but Im a novice at duck hunting and don't know the difference in a great sounding call and an OK call.