Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: skunked

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default skunked

Went fishin yesterday...monday.... Ky Dam marina....spider riggin....fished 6 hours....deep...shallow....mid depths.....minnows....jigs.....nary a single crappie.....lots of yellows tho.....

Anyone know where they are...??
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

When you say yellows, is that yellow perch. Maybe your crappie have gone to deaper water than what you were fishing. I don't know nothing about your fishing area but I would look in deeper water than you were trolling in. Try locating your fish before wasting all your time trolling. Here in Idaho I always locate my quarry before I start fishing. They may be in 30ft. of water or 70ft. of water. There depth dictates on how I present my offering to them. If I find fish at fifteen foot I use a slip bobber setup. If I find fish at 60ft, I vertical jig for them. I anchor over the fish. Good luck next time out. Going crappie fishing tomorrow. Air tempature is in the upper 30tys. Afternoon in the upper 40tys.

Post Thanks / Like

Been tough to find them here also. They are scattered with all the high water. Found these yesterday, Just average fish for Arkabutla lake, but still gooduns
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe change your style of fishing, spiderigging doesn't always work when they want a different look at your bait. I would try around the boat docks at the Marina and do some dock shooting. If the Sun is shining bright I would drop a bait straight down just in the shadow of the docks and watch your line as it falls. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    Been tough to find them here also. They are scattered with all the high water. Found these yesterday, Just average fish for Arkabutla lake, but still gooduns
    Those are some very nice clean, healthy looking fish. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p